ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. ACTED implements projects in 34 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Central America and the Middle East. ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.
Job Purpose / MainResponsibilities:
- The review and implementation of finance, accounting and administrative policies as directed by the ACTED.
- Reporting to the Senior Area Coordinator and being a key member of the organization infrastructure, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for the regular auditing of the program. In particular, the audits will assess the system of internal controls are adequate and identify improvements where necessary across all departments, finance, logistics, HR.
- To audit all functions of ACTED – issuing reports on the findings same to management.
- To walk through the system and controls, procedures and donor regulations with emphasis on risk management, finance, training, logistics, HR, security and distributions.
- To stay informed of and ensure adherence to the procedures and policies related to Logistics, Finance, HR and Program. The Internal Auditor will carry out regular audits across all departments and will prepare and coordinate periodic plans.
· BA in Finance / Accounting or equivalent professional qualification.
· At least 2 years of related experience, previous INGO experience is an advantage.
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
· Ability to learn new systems and IT software quickly and effectively
· Organized and flexible, able to respond to changing priorities
· Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly
· Strong writing skills and the ability to present information clearly and concisely in English.
· Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions.
· Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience
· Accuracy and attention to detail, fluency in Arabic is preferred
· Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality.
· Ability to travel locally and regionally, if necessary.
*Please note that only Turkish national will be considered for this role.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.