Position: 6 Enumerator(s)
Reports to: M&EOfficer
Background on RI:
Relief International (RI) is committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s mostvulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on thefront-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief andlong-term community development.
Launched in 2015, RI’s program in Turkey is now implemented in 8 provinces across Turkey with 7 implementing partners. The program entails the following:
• Contribute to improvingaccess to specialized health service delivery for refugees, focusing on mentalhealth and psychosocial support services (MHPSS), physiotherapy, prosthesis& orthotics, dental hygiene promotion, and leishmaniosis prevention andcontrol;
• Work with local partners tobuild their capacity (organizational and project management) in order to ensurelong term sustainability;
• Replicate the existingsuccessful models in other geographic areas with high numbers of refugees;
• Contribute to scientificstudies by engaging in technical and needs assessments to fill the evidence gapon disability and MHPSS for refugees in Turkey.
Purpose and Scope:
RI will be conductinga needs assessment in Istanbul (European side) in order to identify the mostserious problems and needs of the Syrian refugees, with a specific focus onavailable services, needs & gaps related to psychosocial support andphysical rehabilitation.
Suggested Locationsfor the assessment: The following locations are suggested for conductingthe needs assessment as these are the districts with the highest number ofregistered refugees, and refugee-to-host population ratio. The international and local NGO centers,centers run by the governments and other civil society organization bases willbe used to reach to the refugee community as participants for this needsassessment (as permissions allow).
· Küçükçekmece (38,278)
· Bağcılar (37,643)
· Sultangazi (31,426)
· Fatih (30,747)
· Esenyurt (29,177)
· Zeytinburnu (25,000)
Under the direct supervision of M&E Manager and theMonitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the enumerators will be responsiblefor data collection in the European side of Istanbul (in one or more of the 6Districts – Esenyurt, Sultangazi, Zeytinburnu, Küçükçekmece, Fatih, andBağcılar) at centers serving Syrian refugees.
Enumerators will be trained on using the mobile data collectionplatform KOBO Collect, and on the questionnaire beforehand. They are expected to randomly selectparticipants at the assigned center and reach their target sample size by theend of the assignment period. Enumerators will be conducting the surveys in teams and they willpartner with RI staff and accompanied to the centers of interest.
· Interview refugees through the needsassessment survey developed by RI.
· Record and submit the data on the KOBOplatform on a daily basis
· Conduct Key Informant Interviews withcommunity leaders or center staff and/ or managers (whereas applicable and directedby the team leader).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma in a social science or related field preferred;
- Fluency in Arabic is required; fluency Turkish is highly preferred;
- Experience with surveys, customer service, and mobile data collection are an asset;
- Excellent communication skills and high level professionalism and courtesy;
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities;
- Ability to move around easily and familiarity with the mentioned districts in Istanbul;
- Turkish Nationality required;
- Valid bank account in Turkey required for payment.
The enumerators will be paid based on a daily rate of$45, including transportation costs. Thepayment will be made at the end of the assignment. The assignment is expected to last for 6working days.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality,impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
How to Apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 03 November 2018 stating in the subject “Enumerator“. In addition a 3 professional references. All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey.