|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/193|
|Position Title:||Health Counsellor|
|Duty Station:||Sanliurfa -Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||19 November 2018|
|Number of People to be hired||1|
|Eligibility:||Internal and External Candidates|
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer(Integration) based in Ankara and the direct supervision of the Project Field Coordinator in Sanliurfa, the incumbent will be responsible in providing support and services for migrants and refugees and to promote social cohesion for the Municipal Migrant and Refugee Center under the Sanliurfa Metropolitan Municipality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Meet migrants and refugees at the Municipal Migrant and Refugee Center (“Center”) to provide necessary guidance/orientation to ease their access to health services and increase their health literacy.
2- Identify vulnerable migrants and refugees having health problems and take steps to provide them with necessary support including psycho-social support in coordination with relevant institutions and organizations.
3- Ensure proper case management for the applicants in need of relevant services.
4- Regularly report migrants and refugees’ common health problems and needs in access to health services.
5- Meet and liaise with the local public authorities (Provincial Directorate of Health, Provincial Directorate of Health, Provincial Directorate of Migration Management, Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation etc.), civil society organizations to improve health conditions of migrants and refugees.
6- Participate relevant field visits undertaken by the Center and/or organize field visits if required.
7- Contribute to organization of health briefings, trainings by Center (reproductive health, epidemics, breast-feeding, nutritution etc.) and preparation of informative materials on health.
8- Work closely with other counsellors and interpreters of the Center.
9- Report challenges and progress recorded in realization of duties.
10- Keep and save all project related documents, monthly reports and its supporting documents in file.
11- Enter project related data regularly and accurately to the database system.
12- Ensure effective referal mechanism to the relevant public autorities, IOM, UN agencies, other NGOs, the Center’s social service counsellor and follow up the referrals.
13- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• University degree in health education, public health education, health promotion, social services or a
related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience;
• Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant
• Proven experience in giving first aid, first aid training certificate is an advantage;
• Experience in relevant field and in working with vulnerable groups;
• Proven good communicational, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Proven good communicational and written skills in Turkish and/or Arabic;
• Good level of computer literacy;
• Residing or willing to reside in Sanlıurfa.
• Fluency in Turkish is required. Knowledge of English and Arabic is adventurous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 19 November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Assistant (Protection) - VN#TR/2018/184
- Operations Team Leader - VN#TR/2018/186
- Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant
- Protection Assistant
- Project Assistant (Psychology) – Re-advertised
- Field Assistant (Quality Control)
- National Migration Health Physician
- Project Clerk (MPA)
- Finance Assistant
- Senior Finance Assistant