|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/192|
|Duty Station:||Sanliurfa -Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||19 November 2018|
|Number of People to be hired||1|
|Eligibility:||Internal and External Candidates|
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer(Integration) based in Ankara and the direct supervision of the Project Field Coordinator in Sanlıurfa, the incumbent will be responsible in providing support and services for migrants and refugees and to promote social cohesion for the Municipal Migrant and Refugee Center under the Urfa Metropolitan Municipality under the Sanlıurfa Metropolitan Municipality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Meet migrants and refugees at the Municipal Migrant and Refugee Center (“the Center”) to refer them to the Center’s managers, counsellors and legal advisor based on their inquiry.
2- Assist the Center staff in providing necessary interpretation services.
3- Accompany the Center staff in their field visits to provide necessary interpretation services.
4- Accompany migrants and refugees in their visits to the local public institutions for necessary interpretation services, if required.
5- Provide necessary translation services for informative materials (brochures, posters etc.) and participate meetings, trainings etc. to provide interpretation services.
6- Work closely with other counsellors and interpreters of the Center.
7- Report challenges and progress recorded in realization of duties.
8- Keep and save all project related documents, monthly reports and its supporting documents in file.
9- Enter project related data regularly and accurately to the database system.
10- Ensure effective referal mechanism to the relevant public autorities, IOM, UN agencies, other NGOs, center’s social service consultant and follow up the referrals.
11- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• University degree in Communication, Media, Business Administration or a related field from an
accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant
• Advanced knowledge of Turkish and Arabic is required;
• Experience in relevant field and in working with vulnerable groups;
• Proven good communicational, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Proven good level of computer literacy;
• Residing or willing to reside in Sanliurfa.
• Fluency in Turkish and Arabic is required. Knowledge of English is advantageous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with
organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and
exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for
own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 19 November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Assistant (Protection) - VN#TR/2018/184
- Operations Team Leader - VN#TR/2018/186
- Senior Logistics and Procurement Assistant
- Protection Assistant
- Project Assistant (Psychology) – Re-advertised
- Health Counsellor
- Field Assistant (Quality Control)
- National Migration Health Physician
- Project Clerk (MPA)
- Finance Assistant
- Senior Finance Assistant