I – Position Summary
CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
The Procurement and Logistics Assistant is a part of the program support department and the position exist to directly manage all system and procedures of country sub-office supply chain management especially, procurement, assets, logistics and supply chain management. The Procurement and Logistics Assistant will assist Procurement Officers, Logistics Coordinator and Procurement and Logistics Manager to ensure the effective implementation of the project. She is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of procurement, logistics & supply chain management needs of CARE Turkey sub-office and providing support to other departments.
II – Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1: Procurement Management (30%)
- With the technical assistance of Procurement Officers and Logistics Coordinator, ensuring proper tracking of Online/Offline Purchase Requisition and provide feedback to the requester for any further clarification before preparing of RFQ
- Updating of Procurement Tracking register coordinating with Procurement Officers and Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Assisting Procurement Officers and Procurement and Logistics Manager preparation of RFQ
- Preparing Summary of Bid Analysis (SBA) and share with Procurement Procurement and Logistics Manager & Procurement Officer
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement status reports for purchases in Urfa.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after-sales service.
- Assist project management for preparing of “Good Receiving Notes “GRNs”
- Take initiative for procuring of all goods and services valued below USD 500 as per the Procurement Policy in consultation of requesters and Officers and Procurement and Logistics Manager
Job Responsibility #2: Vendor Management (20%)
- Taking the lead on identifying new vendors to enlist more vendors in the system collecting all valid documents related to her business
- Assist PAL team to conduct market search and provide the required information to create and update CARE’s vendor list.
- Assist Procurement Officers and Procurement and Logistics Manager develop CARE Turkey Approved Vendor List which includes the vendors' files creation
- Assist vendors for completing the Vendor Set Forms and maintaining of proper filing system of Approved Vendor List.
- Ensure Vendor Set-up are done through PeopleSoft and obtain approval the procurement committee before filling confirming all documents (Company’s profile, VAT Registration, Ref. etc.)
Job Responsibility #3: Procurement Documents Filing and Vendors Payment (20%)
- Ensure all procurement documents are filed in an orderly fashion, up to date and are easy to access future reference
- Making the copy of all procurement documents before submitting to the Finance Department for Payment
- Prepare the Disbursement Request (Payment Request) obtaining approval on the “GRN” and the “Disbursement Request” confirming the charging code from the Budget Holders
- Ensure to keep a copy of the procurement documents before submitting to Finance and no payments documents are submitted without recording in the “Black Book” the document submission register
- Follow-up with the Finance Department for all payments is made in a timely manner to update the Procurement Status Report.
Job Responsibility #4: Logistics and Property management (30%)
- Ensure receiving of good and materials as per the Purchase Order with the consent of requester and in consultation of Procurement Unit
- Handling of proper storing of goods and materials in the store and make sure no materials are released from the store without proper documentation (Waybill)
- Assist Logistics Coordinator for managing of property in order to ensure proper record keeping
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator preparing the Assets Receiving and Releasing documents in order to update the Assets Master Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer for conducting of Physical Property counting in order to the preparation of Physical Property report.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or a rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address: TURCAREHR@care.org Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. “Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer**