Project Assistant / Administrator
ECORYS is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Team as a Project Assistant / Administrator for an EU funded Technical Assistance project in Ankara.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in social sciences or any related departments from a reputable university
- Full computer literacy; advanced use of MS Office tools
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Well-organized, result oriented, strong attention to details and ability to meet with tight deadlines
- Strong ability to work both independently and in an international team environment
- Able to work in a complex and fast paced environment
- Proven experience in office management and project administration
- Experience as a project assistant / administrator at least in one EU funded Technical Assistance project is preferable
ECORYS offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment.The company ensures that its employees rank between the very best within their field of expertise. Talented people, who chose to work for ECORYS, want to make a difference and aim for change and progress in the societies that we live and work for. Teamwork, dialogue and initiative are key values within the organization.
· Assisting the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) in the day to day management of the project.
· Managing daily communication between the client and Technical Assistance Team.
· Scheduling and arranging meetings and drafting meeting minutes.
· Providing organizational support to training programs, study visits, workshops and seminars etc.
· Preparing non-key expert approval requests for non-key experts
· Collecting timesheets from the TAT on a monthly basis and keeping track of usage of man-days.
· Managing daily communication with the suppliers and collecting proper invoices from the third parties.
· Responsible from handling cash payments to the third parties and reporting the cash book and balance on a weekly basis.
· Providing support ford rafting, formatting and printing of reports in English and Turkish.
· Office Administration of the project office including answering phones, filing all incoming and outgoingdocuments, housekeeping of ICT and stationary.
· Maintaining filing system sand arranging for the exchange of information between project participants.
· Translating documents,regulations, training, information and written materials from English to Turkish or vice versa when needed.
· Assisting the TAT inpreparing training materials in English and Turkish.
· Proof reading and editing ofEnglish and Turkish documents and relevant project outputs.
· Other tasks assigned.
Our history dates back to 1929, when a group of businessmen from Rotterdam established the Foundation The Netherlands Economic Institute (NEI). Poverty relief and other social issues were regarded as important social and economic problems. The goal of the Foundation NEI was then to stimulate the collection and the analysis of economic data. Through the years, our organisation has brought forth many remarkable people who have contributed to the science of economics, including NEI director (1935-1968) Professor Jan Tinbergen, who was awarded the first Nobel Prize for economics for his work in 1969.
During the '90s, Ecorys' expertise proved important with regards to the growth of the EU and reformation processes in countries in Middle and Eastern Europe. To be able to cope with globalisation and in order to stay competitive, NEI developed into a pan-European company. Offices were established in Brussels and Moscow.
In 1999, NEI merged with Kolpron Consultants (established in 1979). In 2000 the diversification and internationalisation was continued by merging with the British company ECOTEC Research and Consulting, specialising in social policy. The name Ecorys was chosen as new name for the Group. Today Ecorys is a company with strong European roots, active worldwide and aiming to be involved in challenging issues regarding the EU.
We value our independence, our integrity and our partnerships and care about the environment we work and live in. We have an active CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programme, which centres around creating shared value that benefits society and business and which is a joint effort by company and staff.