Post Title: Project Officer - SYR 1056
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Applicationclosure date: 25.11.2018
Durationof Contract: 31.03.2019
Typeof Contract: Part time- 3 Days a Week
Welthungerhilfe is a private,non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supportspeople living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religiousbeliefs or their worldview. WHH isworking in thefields of development cooperationand humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Project Officer works under the direct supervision of the Head ofProject. S/he is in charge of supporting the implementation of multiple smallprojects funded by private donors and implemented in İstanbul Province. TheProject Officer is responsible of:
· Coordinating in close cooperation with Head of Project theimplementation of the project activities.
· Preparing necessary project documentation, monitoring projectactivities and preparing narrative reports, coordinating implementation ofprojects according to WHH rules in close cooperation with logistics department.
· Supporting the Head of Project / Head of İstanbulOffice in the preparation of the internal project evaluation.
· Providing support for the Head of Project andthe WHH procurement department to develop the specification for goods andservices to be procured
In addition to the above, the ProjectOfficer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Project.
· Education: A Degree inrelevant field (Social Science,Humanities) or at least 4 years of experience inproject management and implementation.
· Work Experience: At least4 years of working experience in projectimplementation and reporting; preferably in non-profit organizations;experience in public relations is an asset
-Proven record of project live cycle management
-Proven record in conducting needs assessments, identifying beneficiaries,coordinating with stakeholders
-Knowledge of stakeholders in İstanbul Province (civil society, authorities,municipalities)
· Personality requirements: Ability tointegrate in a multinational team, hardworking, good communication skills,ability to motivate and develop skills of others, attentive to detail,co-operative, good humor, ability to work independently and with remote supervision.
· Language Skills: Fluency in English and Turkishrequired (written & spoken),Arabic, Kurdish, German are an asset.
The Project Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
Send complete CV and cover letter to Gelbaşla.com.
CV should include information about education,qualifications, professional experience and professional references
Email subject line should read: Job ApplicationMAR/PO/SYR1056/01– Project Officer İstanbul.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the positionbefore the deadlinedue to urgency.