Position: Protection Officer “with main focus on Case Management”
Location: Gaziantep with frequent travels toRI centers inside Turkey.
Reports to: Health Manager
Duration: 6 months
AboutRI: ReliefInternational is a leading nonprofitable organization working in roughly 20countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. Wespecialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitariancrises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian anddevelopment approaches to provide immediate services while laying thegroundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach —which we call the RIWay— emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategicpartnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communitiesto find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
This position is responsible forensuring that the protection principles will be mainstreaming in all RI'sprojects in Turkey (MHPSS and physical rehabilitation projects) according toagreed global standards; he is responsible for reviewing and developing RI'scase management tools and ensure good practice of case management by RI'spartners; he is responsible for coordination with government entities, other UNagencies, and NGOs to achieve the program objectives in terms of protection andcase management.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Help in developing RI protection strategy,policies, and standard operating procedures in consultation with relevantdepartments;
· Stay abreast of political, social, economicand cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
· Oversee and undertake refugee eligibility andstatus determination ensuring compliance with procedural standards andinternational protection principles.
· Ensure that RI’s policies, age, gender anddiversity approach to protection is consistently applied throughcommunity-based protection methods.
· Build the protection capacity of RI’s partners,and civil society on protection principles including but limiting to: Childprotection policy / sexual exploitation and abuse / Protection Mainstreaming /Case Reporting.
· Oversee and manage individual protectioncases, including those on SGBV and child protection. Monitor and intervene inprotection incidents through working relations with other partners.
· Promote and apply RI protection standards toensure that RI staff and partners are compliant with these standards.
· Review case management tools and develop it ifneeded.
· Close monitoring of the case managementreferrals tracking and monitoring table, inputting new cases and updatinginformation as required.
· Work closely with MHPSS and physicalrehabilitation team members to follow up on referrals among the teams, andconduct relevant assessments deciding on the most appropriate response.
· Build the capacity building of technical staffof RI partners on case management tools and principles.
· Attend case management that conductedregularly in RI partner centers.
· Provide regularreports, document results and lessons learned, and maintain detaileddepartmental records
· Represent RI in apositive and professional manner contributing to the creation of a positiveimage and overall credibility of the organization.
· All other duties andtasks as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Formal educationor professional training on protection principles.
• 2-3 years’experience working in a similar field.
• Proven experiencein training needs identification, training development, mentoring and coachingin middle income countries.
• Experienceworking with NGOs in humanitarian or development contexts would be preferred.
• Excellent writtenand spoken English. Arabic and Turkish language knowledge will be an added advantage.
• Must have theability to work effectively with various personalities and cultures .
• Ability to workindependently with minimal supervision and at times remotely.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality,impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns)are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child ProtectionPolicy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting SexualExploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all thesepolicies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills,effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to Apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English to email@example.com before the 09 November 2018 stating in the subject “Protection Officer“. In addition a 3 professional references. All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey (residence permit or AFAD Card from Gaziantep) or have a valid Turkey ID.