Accountability Officer Istanbul (Ref: 202303011730)
|Dünya Doktorları Derneği||İstanbul|
|Accountability Officer||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İstanbul, The Accountability Officer works under the line management of MEAL Manager Turkey.
Status: Fix Term Contract
Expected Starting date: ASAP
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
- Data collection
- Data Entry
- Other related tasks
- Leading on the implementation of DDD Accountability mechanisms by receiving calls from the hotline, systematically checking complaint boxes in DDD premises (if applicable) and informing refugee community members on the existing communication channels of the Accountability mechanisms through systematic field visits
- Recording the received complaints and feedback to be communicated to program teams and relevant managerial roles in a timely manner
- Participating in field level project review meetings to inform program teams and relevant managerial roles regarding the accountability related issues and necessary actions to be taken
- Monitoring whether both accountability mechanisms (programmatic and Code of Conduct) are advertised through appropriate tools (posters, fliers, boxes) adequately within DDD premises (if applicable)
- Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring or receiving complaints, report to line manager
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation activities by conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection with refugee communities, key stakeholders, and applying other M&E tools such as observation checklists, etc.
- Support the processes to capture the lessons learned and good practices while conducting M&E activities
- Refer on potential vulnerable cases or sensitive issues that might be observed in the field to program team
- Keep line manager informed of any safety incident that might take place
- Support the translation of data as inputs to the M&E tools, internal and external reporting
Program related tasks
- Provide information about the program activities to persons of concern reaching DDD through hotline channel
- Conduct assessment with the persons of concern reaching DDD through hotline channel to identify people with special needs for internal referrals
Reporting and information
- Produce weekly report about the calls received through DDD Programmatic Feedback and Complaints Hotline to the line manager, MEAL Department and other relevant staff members
- Support the compilation of weekly and monthly reports, that are about the achievements and challenges related to monitoring and evaluation activities, to be sent to the line manager, MEAL Department and other relevant staff members
- As possible support relevant staff members in field level data management, analysis and reporting processes
- Participate to Field Evaluations as requested by the organization;
- Respect the privacy of the patients and the confidentiality;
- Provide regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon solicitation;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
University degree or equivalent professional qualification (mandatory).
At least 2-years work experience in M&E.
Required: Good level of English (oral and written);
Required: Good level of Arabic (oral and written);
Preferred: Good level of speaking Turkish and/or Farsi;
IT & Equipment
Good proficiency with data entry apps and simple data analysis through MS Excel and/or similar software
Relevant skills and competencies
Good analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation, and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to analyse data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
Team Management & Delegation
Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstance
Ability to multitask
Communication & Information flow
Ability to work with local/ community partners;
Ability to effectively take and give direction.
General Qualities required:
Only candidates that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered
Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
Familiar with multicultural environment.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 31.03.2022.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.