The Accountability Officer is a part of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, supporting implementation of the overall programme MEAL system. He/she will coordinate the running of the Turkey accountability system at the Country office level under the MEAL Coordinator/Manager. S/he will assist the MEAL team in all accountability activities related to all projects, focusing on contact with beneficiaries in terms of information sharing, involving beneficiaries in monitoring and review, and collection of feedback through focus group discussions, interviews and feedback & complaints mechanisms. The safe and meaningful participation of boys and girls will be particularly important as per the role and mandate of Save the Children. S/he will support accountability activities within surveys, assessments and evaluations, including child friendly methodologies. The Accountability Officer will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will support program teams to implement the feedback mechanisms at field level, ensuring that information from feedback is analyzed and disseminated, managing referrals, and helping to produce informational materials for beneficiaries.
- University degree preferred graduate with bachelors in social sciences, business management, information technology or statistics science.
- Strong analytical skills using Excel and power BI.
- At least three years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector preferred.
- At least tow-year work experience in M&E preferred.
- Training and capacity building experience especially in MEAL.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic, advanced proficiency in written and oral English
- Knowledge of some of the following mobile technologies: Kobo, ODK, cloud databases, and familiarity with mobile devices strongly preferred
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
- Support the MEAL coordinator in developing accountability SOPs and review of Accountability Implementation Plan.
- Support MEAL Dept in establishing/improving accountability system including sufficient resources.
- design and set up of the full program complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM) and information sharing system – including child friendly versions that are sensitive to gender and diversity.
- Support programming staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including children) and that information is shared with affected communities.
- Responsible for track and review of Accountability Implementation Plan.
- Work closely with the MEAL Staff to implement and maintain accountability activities and systems. Also work closely with other project staff of SR, including Child Protection Project Manager and staff involved in the Child Protection, Protection and Psychosocial support interventions.
- Follow up the received feedback via all channels and producing MEAL manager monthly feedback reports and dashboards.
- Support MEAL staff with accountability data collection processes for the MEAL plans and other accountability focused activities.
- Conduct accountability related trainings and capacity development for SR staff.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and CHS standards.
- Understand and carry out his duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values, Child Protection Policy, the Code of Conduct and SPHERE.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
- Comply with the Syria Relief confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to Syria Relief practices and beneficiaries.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: MEAL Manager/Deputy/coordinator, Project/Program Managers, M&E field officer / S.Officer, accountability officer.
External: Partners’ MEAL/accountability staff.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position
- Ability to travel to Syria for oversight, management, and training purposes
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time while accompanying/training accountability Field Staff or meeting deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief with the job code “SR.TR.ANT.ACO“ in the subject line .