The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
Directly reporting to the Finance Supervisor, Accounting Specialist effects payments through bank accounts and through the USD petty cash account, ensures all transactions are fully documented, approved and kept safely & orderly as described in SOPs. The position holder is responsible for ensuring allocation of expenses are correct, subsidiary books of accounts and Navision are maintained updated. The incumbent will ensure timely creation of expense slips and tax calculations for short term contracted staff.
1. Providing accounting and administrative support to the Finance unit.
2. Preparing payment documents for bank transfers and arrange cash withdrawals.
3. Scrutinizing payment documents, ensuring full compliance with ICMC rules and regulations.
4. Preparing expense slips and withholding tax calculations for short term contracted staff.
5. Ensuring timely payments of all liabilities to state are calculated, returns are submitted, and payments are made on time (SGK &Tax) by closely liaising with the outsourced accountant.
6. Reconciliation of liabilities calculated in payroll against the declarations/payments prepared.
7. Ensuring transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Navision.
8. Following up of the Accounts Receivables and Payables and ensuring timely communication with related parties.
9. Recording monthly accruals and provisions.
10. Recording Shared Cost Allocations.
11. Timely follow up of discrepancies identified during bank reconciliations.
12. Following up of erroneous entries in Navision and taking appropriate corrective accounting action.
13. Ensuring Finance Archive and Documents are maintained as required in the SOPs and legal regulations.
14. Administer petty cash floats when needed.
- Good level of English and Turkish
- Degree level or a professional accountancy qualification.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- A Certified Public Accounting (SMMM) license is an advantage.
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications to: email@example.com
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-22-FIN-04 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 01.12.2022.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: email@example.com