Post Title: Activity Supervisor
Duty Station: Mardin with Field Visits to Diyarbakır
Report to: Head of Project
Benefits: Competitive package
Closing Date: 5 August 2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
In the South East of Turkey, WHH implements projects assisting Syrian refugees outside the camps to meet their essential needs through the provision of assistance.
Job Description of Activity Supervisor
Overall Role: Provide support for the implementation of the Protection activities in Mardin Province for the refugees
Duties and responsibilities
1. To provide support for developing an activity plan and organizing Protection activities, workshops, and seminars within the context of Life-Skills and Specialized Protection Activities (SPA) to Education Team Leader.
2. To provide support for implementing Protection activities, workshops, and seminars within the context of Life-Skills and Specialized Protection Activities (SPA).
3. To identify the beneficiaries who will participate in and to contact the participants as necessary if there are issues or cancellations of the activities specified above.
4. To provide support for the marketing/awareness raising among the target population to participate in activities.
5. To ensure attendance sheets, pre- and post-tests are properly implemented and collected for each activity.
6. To ensure that safeguarding standards are understood and met by the activity participants.
7. To collect data and compile reports to Education Team Leader as required.
8. In addition to the above, to carry out other relevant duties may be requested.
9. Comply with Welthungerhilfe policies and practice, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a relevant education field
At least 1 years of experience in the field of education
Previous working experience in NGOs and/or INGOs a strong asset
Fluency in written and oral Turkish and Arabic and/or Kurdish
Effective communication and decision-making skills
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
Familiarity with the South-eastern region of Turkey is preferable
The Activity Supervisor will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 05/08/2020 at the latest.
CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate
who matches the required profile before the above deadline.