Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe's Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Admin Assistant in Istanbul.
The position is to be filled by March, 2023, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be Istanbul, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Under the technical supervision of the Finance, Logistics and HR officers and Line Management of Deputy Head of Project , the Admin Assistant is responsible for the following tasks:
- Process all cash payments at the Istanbul Office, maintain cashboxes of project and other on-going projects; and support Finance Department in the sound cash management as described in Welthungerhilfe Cash Regulations.
- Enter cash vouchers into FP Cashbook software on daily basis.
- Going to the bank and handling transactions for cash and other related matters.
- Ensure proper voucher quality for all vouchers handled by the Cashier, as per WHH voucher standards and in accordance with the Turkey accounting WHH voucher standards including translation of vouchers into English.
- Check monthly invoices from a mobile communications company used by WHH and process reimbursements of personal phone calls on a monthly basis.
- Support the Finance Department in financial administration, preparing for audits, and substituting other staff in the Finance Department during their absence.
- Perform the needed finance tasks in the absence of the Finance Officer at the İstanbul office.
- Receive, distribute, circulate, and file all documents and shipments that come into the office.
- Support the cargo processes to or from the İstanbul office.
- Temporary and final acceptance of goods services and works for Istanbul office.
- He \ She will support the supply chain officer in facilitating accommodation, workshop and training venues and flight requests of program staff traveling to other offices or learning trips.
- Support the supply chain officer in arranging the flight and accommodation for the staff going from Istanbul office or visiting Istanbul office.
- Support the Supply Chain Officer arrange the requested meetings that out of the office related to the project activities
- Support the supply chain officer in maintaining administration files.
- Perform the needed logistic tasks in the absence of the Supply Chain Officer at the İstanbul office.
- Receive the contracts from Gaziantep Office
- Cross check information on received documents
- Collect needed signatures from Employees
- Scan the contract and other documents and send it to HR in Gaziantep
- Give copy of the documents to the employee, and keep the other copy in employment folder
- Receive all kinds of leave forms from employees.
- Check the form type, information correct or not
- Scan all collected leave forms and upload to cloud server and inform to Gaziantep HR
- Put the hard copy to employee folder.
- All the needed documents mentioned in the checklist should be included in each employee folder.
- Scan all the documents for each employee.
- Collect the documents from each employee and put them to employee folder.
- Upload scanned documents to cloud server.
- Collect the needed documents from the employee.
- Scan the documents and upload them to cloud server. And inform to Gaziantep HR
- Get the employee’s signature on code of conduct, child protection, internet usage policy etc...)
- When the ID card is sent from Gaziantep office, the employee should sign the electronic card usage policy paper before they receive the card.
- The prepared payslip will be shared with focal point by Gaziantep HR when they received from CPA.
- Focal point must collect staff signature on payslips.
- Signed payslips must be kept in staff employment folder.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Economics, or a relevant vocational training,
- Work Experience: 1 to 3 years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization,
- Skills/knowledge: Knowledge of MS Excel and experience in using accounting software,
- Language Skills: English (written & spoken) and good Turkish.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving capabilities.
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Capacity for teamwork as well as working individually.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 12, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency. Your contact person is Veysel Akkor.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.