ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE MANAGER (Ref: EF Administration and Finance Manager)
|İMEP PROGRAMI (İstihdam için Mesleki Eğitim Programı)||Ankara|
Referans Kodu : EF Administration and Finance Manager
E-posta : email@example.com
Başvurunuzu referans kodu ile eposta adresine iletiniz.
ABOUT EXPERTISE FRANCE
Expertise France is the French international technical cooperation agency, with a status of public institution under the joint supervision of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Ministries of Finance and Economy. The agency meets the expertise requirements of partner countries in the main areas of public action: democratic, economic, and financial governance; peace, stability and security; climate, agriculture and sustainable development; health and human development. Expertise France has a portfolio of more than 500 projects currently implemented in more than 100 countries. The Agency has extensive experience working with different funding agencies and is among the institutions accredited for the management of community funds transferred by the European Union.
BACKGROUND OF PROGRAMME
The overall objective of the İMEP-VET4JOB programme is to improve sustainable livelihoods and employment prospects for the refugees and host communities, by supporting their skills development through apprenticeship and vocational education training in line with labour market needs. In accordance with the suggested priorities in livelihoods of the refugees’ updated assessment needs, the Emergency Social Safety Net Exit (ESSN) Strategy and the current national Technical and Vocational Education and Training Strategy, the Action focus on three specific objectives.
Specific Objective 1: Resilience of Syrian refugees and host communities strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
Specific Objective 2: Child labour eradication efforts strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
Specific Objective 3: Social and economic integration of Syrian refugees facilitated.
The Action’s primary focus is on ESSN beneficiaries including other refugees and host communities, with a view to ensure social cohesion from complex sensitivity perspective in line with the Commission Implementation Decision dated 18.07.2019, under FRIT. In this regard, in terms of average ratio, Action targets to reach 60% Syrian and 40% host community participation in both apprenticeship and non-formal training. To guarantee the transformation of these skills developed in labour market integration, the Action also supports vocational guidance and career counselling services as well as start-up mentoring. With specific activities throughout the implementation period of the Programme, a special attention paid to gender balance and the promotion of the participation of women, prevention of child labour, language barrier and social cohesion subjects.
For more information please visit www.imep.org
Description of the Tasks
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, Administration and Finance Manager is responsible for following tasks:
- Plan and coordinate operational (administrative, financial, procurement, human resources) procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Assisting Team Leader with the implementation of activities
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the team to facilitate operations
- Oversee smooth functioning of administrative tasks, develop tools and procedures to increase efficiency, prioritize and dispatch tasks to different team members when necessary
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations
- Keep abreast with organizational changes and developments
- Ensure the financial transactions are in line with the financial and administrative guidelines
- Ensure that monthly budget follow up and cash forecast tables are prepared accurately and match the operational needs
- Oversee expenditures and lead budget revisions when necessary
- In link with the HQ, organise and supervise the development of the financial system and financial control mechanisms of the programme implemented by Expertise France.
- Provide solid financial guidance to programme partners to ensure compliance to procedures
- Lead audit preparations
- Supply and Procurement
- Develop time and cost-effective methods of sourcing strategies
- Lead negotiations with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Ensure that purchase plan is up to date at all times
- Ensure that procurement policies are well respected, contractual documents are well documented and archived
- Review and approve purchase orders, ToRs, and purchase requests
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the organization
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Implement risk management strategies for supply contracts through analysis of data and mitigate risks
- Human Resources
- Oversee human resource-related issues including non-key experts
- Prepare adequate tools to assess staff performance
- Along with the team leader, provide coaching and guidance, ensure that employees enroll internal and external learning and development programs to increase staff efficiency
- Design and implement company policies that promote a healthy work environment
- Support and suggest improvements to the recruitment process and allocate responsibilities and office space
- Monitor HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates and cost-per-hire)
Administration and Finance Manager will be supported by a team consisting of Administration and Finance Officer, Supply and Procurement Officer and Administration and Finance Assistant.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (or any other related field)
- Minimum 4 years of working experience as an administrative and finance manager with proven skills and knowledge on supply and procurement
- Experience within public agencies/ public offices, European programmes or international projects. Previous experience in EU funded programmes would be an added value
- Experience working with implementing partners
- Solid knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Requested highest demonstrable professional skills on:
- Proactive, self-driven and solution-oriented approach
- Strong leadership capacity
- Analytic, strategic thinking
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Good knowledge and working experience of Turkish institutions and policies, especially of the Ministry of National Education, as well as the civil society organisations.
- Sound knowledge of the Turkish context and of the relationship between host and refugee communities.
- Advanced working knowledge in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Professional working knowledge of English and Turkish
Location and Duration
Location: Turkey, Ankara
Starting date: May 2022
Period of implementation: until 31/12/2023 with a possibility of extension
Deadline of submission: 20/05/2022
Applications must be made in English. Please send your applications to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the reference to “EF Administration and Finance Manager”
- A CV, including references
- A Cover letter
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited to take a technical test.
- Candidates that have successfully demonstrated their skills in the technical test may than be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
İMEP PROGRAMI (İstihdam için Mesleki Eğitim Programı)
The final beneficiaries of the programme are Ministry of National Education (MoNE) and Confederation of Turkish Tradesmen and Craftsmen (TESK) and the contracting authority is Delegation of the European Union to Turkey (EUD).