“Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for Administrative and Finance Assistant for WHO supported Project for Migrant health Training centre in İstanbul.”
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian organization which provides medical aid to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in İstanbul, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa. Also, DWWT will continue to provide support for preparing Syrian doctors and nurses to work within the Turkish medical system in a partnership with the Ministry of Health-Turkey.
Administrative and Finance Assistant is in charge of assisting management of the mission with regards to administration and accounting “financial” tasks.
2. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accountancy and Reporting
- Keep the accountancy of the project through DWWT’s systems in accordance with internal regulation and donor’s financial guidelines;
- Prepare and archive all supporting documents for financial justification in accordance with internal procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes
- Prepare the monthly financial reports to the donor under the supervision of the Project Management
- Provide clarifications on financial issues to supervisors, auditors and donors, when required
- Keep the administrative archive on the mission (make required copies and translations, classify and archive);
Payments and cash flow management
- Manage expenses related to the daily operation of DWWT projects, after verification that purchase procedures are followed
- Manage cash advances for procurements and purchases
- Control receipts and invoices, an update of cash/bank journals and balances, do a weekly check of the cashbox
- Contribute to enhancing familiarity with donors’ and DWWT’s financial guidelines among the team
- Contribute to guarantee the respect of norms and procedures following donor’s regulations and DWW internal policies
- Perform any other duties and tasks that DWWT Management may assign.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years’ experience in administrative and accounting role in an NGO setting.
- University Degree in Economics, Administration or related field
- Experience with project start-up
- Strong time management skills; able to delegate and follow-up on tasks to effectively manage
- Experience of a flexible approach to prioritize a high workload and multiple
tasks with tight deadlines
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments
- Fluency in Turkish and English required
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office (especially Excel).
- Ability to travel and relocate if requested