Contract Type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Position Number: 00003208
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date: 21 August 2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF TURKEY.
The Administrative and Finance Associate provides quality services in the areas of finance, procurement and general administration to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures.
In support of UNFPA’s strategic direction at the country level, the Administrative and Finance Associate contributes to ensuring effective and efficient application of country office resources through support and monitoring in the areas of:
- Finance and Budget Management
- General Administrative Services including Procurement
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree in finance, business administration or public administration is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of relevant experience in administration and finance in the public or private sector.
- Ability to interpret financial rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely;
- Ability to interpret administrative and personnel rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely. Experience in UN personnel and administrative procedures desirable;
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Previous experience in the UN, as well as, experience of UN accounting framework and systems, Atlas/PeopleSoft desirable;
- Experience in financial monitoring of implementing partners desirable.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Turkish is required.
UNFPA started working in 1969 and began working with the Government of Turkey in 1971. UNFPA Turkey activities were initially carried out on a project-by-project basis. The first multi-year Country Programme ran from 1988 to 1992. The Sixth Country Programme (2016 to 2020) is currently underway.
For more than forty years, UNFPA in Turkey has support to:
Promote mother and child health,
Improve reproductive health and rights,
Empowering young people fulfil their potential
Promote gender equality,
Combat violence against women,
Enhance collection, use, and dissemination of development data.
in collaboration with state institutions, non-governmental organizations, private sector and universities.
Since 2011 UNFPA is also supporting the humanitarian response efforts of Turkey on promoting reproductive health and combating gender based violence.