|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
|Administrative Officer||Uluslararası Organizasyonlar|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 members National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organized into four Business groups in Geneva and five Business Groups in the field, namely the Regional Offices for Africa, Americas, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Europe Region is organized through Clusters covering the National Societies in Eastern Western and Central Europe, Central Asia, Caucasus, Russian Federation and Belarus, Red Cross EU Office as well as country Offices in Greece, Turkey and Ukraine under the reorganized IFRC Secretariat, located in the Regional office in Europe.
The conflict in Syria has now entered its seventh year and created an overwhelming and enduring humanitarian crisis. Currently, more than 5 million Syrian people are living in the countries neighbouring Syria, with further displacement beyond the region into other areas. About 3.7 million registered refugees are living in Turkey. The Turkish Red Crescent Society (TRCS) is supporting the displaced people since the onset of the humanitarian crisis. IFRC initially launched an Emergency Appeal on 9 November 2012, which later on transformed into an International Appeal to support the TRCS to deliver assistance and support to most vulnerable displaced people living in Turkey.
The Administrative Officer reports and follows the direct supervision of Finance and Admin. Delegate and provide support to the IFRC office in Turkey.
The Administrative Officer will provide administrative support to the to the IFRC office in Turkey. This position performs key tasks in the areas of Administration, with an emphasis on optimal performance, timely action, and proactive attitude.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall:
- Ensure effective, productive, and efficient support to the Country Office
- Organise and schedule appointments
- Responsible for payment of bills for services, utilities and purchases in general for office and for delegates houses (such as water bills, telephone, security, copier machines, the internet and others)
- Ensure proper maintenance of office equipment (A/C, printer, copy machines, alarm systems, heating system etc.).
- Provide administrative support to delegates (according to guidelines)
- Develop and maintain an effective administrative and programme filing system
- Maintain office policies and procedures based on IFRC established procedure
- Adequate maintenance of storage for archiving records for the Office
- Maintain contact lists
- Manage the organization's mail and courier needs
- Stock-keeping and ordering of office stationery.
- Procurement of office supplies as requested and in line with standard IFRC logistics
- Manage maintenance schedule of the Federation vehicle and vehicle logbook.
- Arrange vehicle repair as required
- Book hotel and transport for visitors and staff as required.
- Book Flights Int'l & National staff based on the Travel Authorisation.
- Procure services and supplies for office as directed by supervisor
Management of office assets and premises
- Manage use of office space, ensure building maintenance and repairs, ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain an updated inventory of all assets of the office
- Be responsible for the daily functioning of the office building including utilities and assets.
- Maintain an updated inventory of all assets and property of the office
- and ensure that standard systems and procedures for disposal and retention are in place and maintained.
- Maintain the Office Insurance, Cash in Transit Insurance, Cash in Safe Insurance and Car Insurance.
Meetings and workshops
- Assist in tasks related to event management (preparation of budgets, visa and flight arrangements, in-country support, processing invoices).
- Ensure that events are organised in a cost-effective manner.
- Research and apply event management related tools.
Management of travel and visitor related tasks
- Coordinate travel management related tasks from ticket procurement to processing invoices.
- Ensure that travel related paperwork is filed and processed in a timely manner.
- Act as focal point for welcoming services for visitors.
- Coordinate procurement of office supplies.
- Ensure that procurement of goods and services are in line with the Federation procurement procedures.
- Ensure that reporting against working advance is arranged in a timely manner.
- Be focal point for contracting processes with service providers from tendering to signing and filing agreements.
- Regularly review and update contract database
- Manage tasks related to preparation of all incoming invoices.
- Preparation, Draft and upload the contract in the E contract as per the templates.
- Manage lease agreements and payments (rent and utilities) related to housing for internationally recruited staff and staff seconded to the Federation.
- Oversee short term housing related tasks.
- Liaison with House owner about the monthly rental payment, utilities payment and maintenance.
- Timely preparation and processing of the monthly rental payment to Finance.
- Supervise staff of the reception services in the IFRC Office
- Ensure that proper system is in place for registering visitors for office premises
- Maintain a tidy reception area and receive visitors; Oversee that the office is always neat and welcoming for visitors and staff
- Oversee printing of publications and business card for staff.
- Review and improve administration processes as overseen by the Regional Office in Budapest
- Diploma or First Degree in Business Administration or a comparable mix of experience and course work
- Courses in Office Management, business, and computers - preferred
- 3 years of experience in an administrative position or a suitable combination of
- experience and education
- Working knowledge of office equipment as such as printers, fax machines etc.
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Proficient in MS Office; Microsoft Outlook and Word in Particular
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Able to work in a team
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Willing and able to travel whenever required for work purposes
- Self-motivated and proactive, with good judgment and initiative
- Able to prioritize and meet deadline
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
Competencies and values
Core Competencies: Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork, Judgement and
Decision Making, National Society and Customer Relations, Creativity and Innovation,
Values: Respect for diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.