The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Administrative Supervisor supports the Head of HR and Administration maintaining the day to day running of the office/offices. The incumbent is responsible to supervise and oversee the work of the Admin Officer/s, the security staff, waiting room attendants/escorts, childcare attendants/escorts, office messengers, and the workplace doctor. He/She coordinates with external contractors and provides an efficient and customer friendly administrative service for staff and refugees. He/She ensures legal requirements related to facilities are followed and implemented. Working in close coordination with the Occupational Health & Security (H&S) Specialist, he/she ensures that all legal and corporate H&S standards are complied. In coordination with the Dept. of Finance, provides support in planning, budgeting and purchasing of office supplies, equipment and upgrades in compliance with procurement processes and rules (procurement planning process and contracting). Ensures that the department complies with related ISO (existing) and NIST (in-progress) standards.
Security, H&S and Daily Running of the office(s) Facilities
- Review office security periodically to ensure that the adequate security controls are in place and propose improvements as necessary;
- In close coordination with the Occupational H&S Specialist, implement Health & Safety requirements in the facilities;
- Ensure efficient management and effective maintenance of office/offices premises. Responsible to coordinate office tasks and schedules of security personnel, childcare attendants/escorts, waiting room attendants/escorts, administrative staff and outsourced services, in order to provide secure and safe office environment for staff and refugees;
- Line management of security staff and waiting room attendants/escorts, administrative staff, childcare attendants/escorts and office messengers;
- Establish codes for front-of-house services in line with the corporate standards and requirements;
Procurement, Supplies, Assets (In close coordination with the Dept. of Finance):
- Maintain assets inventories, and oversee that inventory records are accurate and up to date at all times, assets maintained and managed in accordance with corporate rules and standards;
- Provide support in planning, budgeting and purchasing of office supplies, equipment and upgrades in compliance with procurement processes and rules (procurement planning process and contracting);
- Oversee the scheduling for review and renewal of bidding processes for significant procurement of goods and services;
- Ensure optimum levels of stock supplies are kept in the office/offices and their records are up to date and accurate. Conduct (ALL) stock checks at every quarter end;
- Conduct (ALL) inventory checks at year ends;
- Support the Head of HR&Admin. planning and overseeing the Admin Unit budget;
- Design and update administrative procedures / schedules / work plans as and when necessary;
- Liaise with local authorities such as municipality, governorships, etc.;
- Ensure that all admin. related activities and processes are in compliance with the ISO and NIST standarts.;
- Consult with managers or other personnel to resolve problems in areas such as equipment / software performance, output quality and make suggestions for improvement;
- Coordinate activities with other supervisory personnel or with other work units or departments;
- Coordinate child care and refugee escort staff needs with relative units and assign tasks as necessary;
- Provide coaching, mentorship and advice to the Administrative personnel in Istanbul and Beirut and assist the Head of HR&Admin. with performance reviews of personnel under his/her supervision.
- First level university degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, law, economics, international affairs, finance, public administration or other related subject;
- A minimum of 4 years experience in administration or related area is required;
- Professional Qualification (certificate) in Occupational Health & Safety an asset.;
- Fluency in oral and written Turkish and English is essential;
- Must be a Turkish citizen;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- Prior knowledge of ISO 27001 and the NIST standards/framework an asset;
- Familiarity with financial applications is an asset;
- Knowledge of Stock and inventory applications;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment;
- Experience in managing diverse team;
- Experience in facilities management;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow financial and operational guidelines and procedures;
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities;
- Conduct work with respect to ICMC’s mission to protect and serve uprooted people, inlcuding refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants – regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality;
- Commit to ensuring that sensitive and/or confidential information is handled appropriately. Must comply with and promote laws and policies related to sensitive and/or confidential information, including KVKK, GDPR, ISMS and USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines.
- Effective communication and management skills
- Meticulous, systematic and diciplined personality
- Team Player
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving skills and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work under pressure and to work flexibly with the changing priorities and to delegate
- Ability to draft policies, procedures, instructions and guidelines.
- Expert in computer Spreadsheets with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prior knowledge of ISO 27001 and the NIST standards/framework an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum two pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to:
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-21-ADMIN-01 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st October 2021.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact us via our application address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org