Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Director, the report writer will assist the WATAN Foundation in evaluating the progress made in different projects by consulting different stakeholders. The Report writer will go through all ongoing and finalized projects and reporting documents (Project document, Annual Work Plans, annual reports and project evaluation reports) to draft the progress and end collective annual report. The consultant will work in close contact with the Project Managers, MIS Manager and Senior Management to finalize the annual reports of (2020, 2021).
- The annual report writer will write the progress, edit end-report for projects in line with standards and requirements;
- Discuss with the Senior Management to have the best understanding of annual report requirements.
- Have interactions with relevant project managers as well as partners to gain additional input;
- Draft and submit an advanced version of annual reports;
- Submit a final report including proper layout and formatting according to standards.
The consultant is responsible for the following:
- Provide quality control to the project reporting in line with WATAN guidelines;
- Editing, revising and rewriting as needed to produce high quality, timely, results-based reports aligned with WATAN established standards and formats;
- Review the report’s narrative and financial components in the context of the cost-sharing project cycle;
- Prepare specific report-related feedback for focal points and others engaged in resource mobilization, to enhance and improve donor intelligence to support those efforts, and contribute to institutional knowledge-sharing;
- Produce summaries of all reports for use as WATAN knowledge products;
- Contribute to capacity development efforts for new colleagues and editors, in collaboration with other team members;
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Functional Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
- Strong social media skills and background with a good creativity and initiative;
- Professional copywriting and editing skills, including articles, reports, social media content, press releases, etc.;
- Good understanding of usability, optimizing content for the web and search;
- Good IT skills, including confidence with web-based applications.
2. Corporate Competencies
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media, communication and business administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of high-level experience in writing, editing, reporting, and communicating complex programmatic information in reader-friendly formats and styles;
- Demonstrated abilities and track record writing high-quality reports and information;
- Understanding of international development, resource mobilization, and the humanitarian context
3. Language Skills:
- Excellent command in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
4. Application Process:
Interested applicants should follow send application documents:
- Submit all the documents to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org on 10 August 2022;
Applicants must submit Technical proposal, including;
- A brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- Samples of works done (minimum 3 and maximum of six) of work you consider to be the best and most relevant;
- Financial Proposal
5. Selection Process:
- Short-listed candidates will be requested to participate in an interview with the selection committee;
The selection of the Consultant will be evaluated based on the following:
- Quality of sample product submitted;
- Price - Financial Proposal;
- Relevant Experience.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.