Position: Arabic Language Teacher
Starting date: September 2021
Base: Turkey, Gaziantep
Line Manager: Area Director
Payment type: Hourly rate
About İnsana Değer Derneği
Insana Değer Derneği (IDD) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation providing relief and development assistance in Turkey. IDD is committed to the best practice and quality of work of its staff, its partner organisations and other associates. IDD programs focus mainly on livelihood, food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. Operations are managed from Turkey where IDD’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program being implemented directly or through partners.
General description: Regular Arabic language lessons for beginner/intermediate learner. Priority to be set for oral language skills and grammar rules.
- Prepare based on pilot lesson package of Arabic language lessons for a period of 4 months with possible extension.
- Lessons should be planned two or three times a week, each lesson 60 – 90 minutes.
- Main focus should be on conversation with grammar part to be incorporated based on needs.
- For the writing & reading to be decided during later stage.
Flexible working hours, The lessons should take place at morning (8.00 – 9.30 am) or evening (19.00 – 20.30 pm) with ability to adjust based on availability of the learner.
Qualifications and required skills
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum required or equivalent University Degree.
- Profound knowledge of spoken and written Arabic and English language is mandatory.
- At least 1 year experience as Arabic language teacher
- Turkish language knowledge is beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian programming is beneficial.
- Flexibility with timing in line with availability of the learner.
- Teaching and communication skills.
- Availability to teach in person or online.
**Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy