Assistant to the Regional Director/External Relations (Ref: TU-IST-23-MAN-01)
|İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
SCOPE OF WORK
The Assistant to the Regional Director/External Relations works under the direct supervision of the Regional Director and maintains close coordination with the senior managers and line managers in Turkey and Lebanon. The position is primarily responsible to support the Regional Director through management of information, preparation of meetings, minutes-taking, follow-up on deadlines, internal policies and procedures. The incumbent works closely with the senior managers, facilitates flow of information, and assumes a coordination role as/when necessary. He/She supports the Director identifying areas and issues to be prioritized for action and maintains regular contacts with external parties, including government officials, and other international, national, and local organizations. The Assistant ensures full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment.
- Support the Regional Director through management of information, preparation of meetings, minutes-taking, follow-up on deadlines and calendar tracking.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the Regional Director's schedules, appointments, correspondence, and travels.
- Assist the Regional Director and the senior managers developing and maintaining office safety and security and health protocols while promoting an inclusive office culture..
- Support the coordination of program planning and preparation work and ensure receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval by the Regional Director.
- Organise and document management meetings, compile summaries, search and prepare information on specific topics, and assist the Regional Director prioritizing needs and ensuring follow up on decisions and outstanding issues.
- Keep abreast of laws, administrative frameworks regulating local refugee and migration issues, and international NGOs operating and funding environment in the region and inform the Regional Director and senior management as appropriate.
- Identify strategic issues within the refugee and migration field, evaluate operational risks and opportunities, and highlight specific areas of concerns.
- Inform and sensitize staff and personnel on refugees’ needs and humanitarain programs in the region.
- Support, facilitate or participate in ICMC wide working groups or temporary task groups as necessary.
- Work with Heads of Departments and supervisors to ensure implementation of management decisions, internal policies and procedures and assume a coordination role to facilitate flow of information and timely preparation of documents/policies, as required.
- Facilitate necessary procedural and organizational changes affecting the programs with the support of and in coordiantion with the senior management and Heads of Departments.
- Draft reports and correspondence as and when required, and contribute drafting/reviewing organizational reports and other program documents.
- Maintain regular contacts with external parties, including government officials, UNHCR, IOM and other international, national and local organizations and represent the Regional Director in meetings as required.
- Summarize information and provide feedback to the Regional Director and senior managers on content of relevant meetings, reports and any official documents.
- Faciliate reception of high-level visitors, ensuring adherence to internal protocols.
- Provide support to address emerging operational issues and related changes.
- Create and maintain a positive and cooperative team spirit across the management team and foster teamwork and communication among departments, in Turkey and Lebanon.
- Ensure full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment.
- Conduct in-country and international travels (occasional).
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- University degree in Business or Public Administration or Management, law, social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in program or project administration, including coordination and administrative experience in the public or private sector or in an international organization or diplomatic mission.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills and experience.
- Excellent report writing and communications skills.
- Prior experience in organizing meetings, conference, events, and knowledge of video conferencing and technology in support of virtual meetings.
- Working knowledge in the context of refugee resettlement in Turkey and the Middle East will be considered an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written Turkish and English is essential; knowledge of Arabic and /or Farsi is desirable.
- Excellent team working skills, diplomacy, and ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure.
- Experience working with vulnerable groups is desirable.
- Availability to travel (in-country and abroad) and commitment to serving vulnerable people.
Job Specific Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, senior managers, external stakeholders and donors.
- Excellent team working skill, diplomacy, and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior. Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
- Attention to details and strong organizational and time management skills (Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently).
- Excellent written skills, and ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders with professionalism.
- Knowledge of refugee laws, regulations and procedures.
- Prior experience in organizing meetings, conference, events, and knowledge of video conferencing and technology in support of virtual meetings is desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems desirable.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit their applications to: email@example.com.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-23-MAN-01. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 March 2023.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate based on race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status, and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion, or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org