Post Title: Budgeting and Cost Allocation Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration: 12 months (with 2 months probation)
Application closing Date: 09/10/2020
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Description of Duties:
As part of WHH TRK/SYR/LBN team, the Budgeting and Cost Allocation Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
Budgeting and Forecasting function:
- Ensures that all budgets (e.g. project proposal, annual operating budgets, etc.) are prepared in a coordinated way with an objective of preventing gaps and overlaps
- Partners with Program Department and other departments as a finance focal point for the development of project budgets, annual budgeting and financial planning
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes financial and other statistical data for the preparation of new budgets
- Oversees the monitoring of actual expenses against budgets, maintains accurate information regarding the financial status of all projects (budget utilization), assists in the preparation of project spending forecasts and is the finance focal point for all budget modifications
- Develops a proposal for the budgeting tool (budget development and budget monitoring) to be used in WHH TRK/SYR/LBN and prepares a variety of operational and financial reports and spreadsheets.
Cost Allocation function:
- Process design:
- Plays leading role in an on-going process of streamlining activities, practices and templates for cost allocation and related tasks
- Develops proposals for the comprehensive cost allocation systems in various locations of WHH TRK/SYR/LBN as per WHH cost allocation guidelines and financial management software
- Organizes and supervises cost allocation activities in all office locations of WHH TRK/SYR/LBN
- Collects, analyzes and processes in a timely manner the relevant costs of WHH TRK/SYR/LBN program into cost allocation templates and compensation vouchers
- Prepares calculations. allocation keys and compensation vouchers; checks voucher lists, requests accounting corrections, prepares cost allocation supporting documents and summaries for cost allocation bookings in the accounting system
- Follows up re-payments and maintains a structured filing system (hardcopies and digital filing) of cost allocation documentation.
In addition to the above, the Budgeting and Cost Allocation Officer might be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Head of Finance, Senior Finance Officer, or other colleagues as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Economics, or a relevant vocational training
- Work Experience: Min. 3 years’ experience in not-for-profit / commercial budgeting, financial administration, accounting, financial reporting
- Skills/knowledge: Thorough knowledge on budgetary procedures; Experience with BMZ, AA, ECHO, UN funding or other donors; Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word with particular focus on development of spreadsheets and reports using graphs and charts; Very solid analytical skills and great attention to details; Ability to work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Personality requirements: Team player; Proactive individual with ability to offer structured guidance and liaise with others; Ability to work effectively under time pressure and with strict deadlines
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (written & spoken); Turkish, Arabic and/or any other language will be an asset
The Budgeting and Cost Allocation Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 09.10.2020 latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.