|Position Name (Title) :||Budgeting Officer|
|Reporting to :||Finance Coordinator|
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and overseeing the financial management of all activities in the country including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability to ensure expenditures remain within authorized levels; undertake financial analysis of projects in the CO and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trend.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget for the Country Office; coordinate and review budgets for programmes, monitor budget control and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures, evaluate monthly financial reports for all projects and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends.
- Supervise the management of treasury by forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Country Office; and ensure daily control of funds disbursed and funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
- Coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with HAT regulations and established procedures.
- Train and build the capacity of staff in the Country Office on HAT’s policies and procedures in the relevant areas of finance and budget.
- Ensure preparation of monthly international and national staff projectization and payroll for national staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with HAT’s projectization criteria.
- Manage the financial management aspects of funding agreements with donors and contracts with suppliers of goods and services in cooperation with relevant units in HQs, Administrative Centres and Regional Office, as applicable.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash, and prevent fraud. Propose changes to processing actions to the Head of FM/FC and strengthen internal controls by documenting and streamlining approval processes.
- Make recommendations on procedural improvements and draft local procedures taking into consideration the volume of activities, staffing, constraints and specific needs of the Country Office, ensuring compliance with the Organization’s regulations, procedures and practices.
- Liaise with other internal functional units of the Country Office, as well as banking, donor and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the financial and budgetary management function.
- Provide support in answering any queries raised regarding the correct allocation of project funds and provide any requisite documentation, including for auditing purposes.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institutions with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in accounting, budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- Experience in preparing clear and concise financial and management reports;
- Experience working in and with international institutions;
- Knowledge of MS Office products and good computer literacy skills are required;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP an advantage;
- Knowledge of HAT accounting system, software and procedures, Common System regulations, policies and procedures are a distinct advantage; and,
- Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration is an advantage.
- Fluent in written & spoken English; able to communicate in Arabic or Turkish preferably.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email, no later than 7 July 2022.
Reference Code: Budgeting Officer
Please send your application to the email address with the reference code.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Human Appeal (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991.
Since 2013 Human Appeal has set up an office in Turkey Syria mission. Human Appeal is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Syrıa. Human Appeal works in a variety of sectors which include; food and livelihood, WASH, protection, shelter, and others. In a short space of time.