Application Link: https://forms.gle/ZxeEE66mqwNwP6HSA
Note: It is mandatory to fill in the Application Link.
Business Development Assistant
Place of Duty:
a) Responsible Positions: TBN
b) Supervisor: Business Development Officer
- About YSYD
Our Association has the vision of establishing a dignified and equal life with the slogan of "share the goodness" for the people and groups with high levels of vulnerability affected by natural and/or human-made disasters. YSYD, together with the affected population, recognizes, protects, develops and represents the importance of the concept of solidarity in the field, and is committed to always reflecting the unique value of any practice woven among all connotations of the concept of solidarity with the affected population groups.
Our Association has the mission to equip its institutional structure to respond to the emerging needs of people with high socio-economical vulnerability levels, to play a pro-active role in all stages of determining the needs of the groups we serve, to develop integrated and combined project approaches and implement humanitarian aid projects, to evaluate the feedback from the communities we serve and to functionalise the feedbacks as an important internal impulse in the way the institution operates and provides services. Within this framework, the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, accountability and gender equality are adopted as the founding principles of YSYD in the context of national legislation and international humanitarian standards.
Please visit our website for more detailed information about our activities: https://msyd.org
Our Association is committed to conducting a fair and transparent recruitment process and ensuring that all candidates are treated and evaluated equally. In this context, we would like to invite all applicants by sharing this job announcement text in national media outlets. In line with its core areas of activity, our Association is looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and dedicated candidates to be part of our team for the position of Dairy and Livestock Technician.
- Job Brief
The main task of the Dairy and Livestock Technician is to ensure that the production and marketing activities of producers engaged in dairy and livestock farming are carried out smoothly day by day and that all livestock, especially dairy cattle and young animals, are cared for and raised in a way that meets national standards. Within this framework, it will be responsible for ensuring knowledge, awareness and attitude change and development in the target group in the areas of proper feeding, housing, breeding and marketing practices by working in coordination with earthquake-affected producers affected by the earthquake centered in Kahramanmaraş on February 6, 2023.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Dairy and Livestock Technician can be summarized as follows:
- To provide technical and practical support to the program on animal breeding, nutrition and health, milking techniques and animal production management,
- To prepare animal nutrition programs and to carry out studies to raise awareness on this subject,
- To disseminate disease prevention and health management practices,
- To provide quality control of animal products and feedback to producers,
- To provide information and suggestions in coordination with the target groups at every stage from feeding to the care of animals,
- To assist veterinarians,
- To make recommendations to target groups about the marketing and sales of milk and dairy products and to provide guidance for the search for suitable markets,
- To provide information and guidance about appropriate equipment and methods in order to improve and facilitate the work capacities of target groups,
- To have the ability to work and communicate on the axis of inclusiveness with producer families having high socio-economic vulnerability,
- To organize awareness-raising activities for producers in order to ensure that the areas and courtyards where animals are sheltered are kept clean, tidy and well-maintained,
- To work consistently with a high standard of attention to detail.
- General Responsibilities:
- Acting actively by adhering to the founding principles and values of our association,
- Taking active responsibility to protect and improve the well-being of children and adults with high levels of vulnerability in the field of activity,
- Undertaking personal development of the members, which is deemed necessary for the development of the task and the individual,
- Conducting work with a high standard of professionalism,
- Maintaining regular communication with Team Members, supervisors and project manager via written and e-mail,
- Monitoring beneficiary satisfaction and continuously carrying out research and development activities in the field of service for which we are responsible,
- Regularly reviewing, adapting and improving project systems and procedures,
- Supporting the association's commitment to the quality assurance of services, including self-evaluation studies among the target group,
- To take proactive responsibility in the areas of Health and Safety, in coordination with the Project Manager, and to report accidents, incidents and other risk factors that may affect beneficiaries and team members.
- Required Qualifications:
- Graduated from at least a Dairy and Livestock Associate's degree or a Veterinary Bachelor's degree program,
- Having at least one year of work experience with small and medium-sized manufacturers,
- Having the ability to work in a coordinated manner within a team structure, to cope with a flexible and stressful workload, and to work with limited resources,
- To have theoretical knowledge and practical experience in animal breeding and health,
- Having the ability to establish and maintain good business relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment,
- Have excellent analytical, organizational and facilitation skills,
- Having strong problem solving and organizational skills,
- Having a flexible and sensitive personality,
• Having advanced interpersonal and communication skills in relationships at all levels, especially with beneficiaries and team members,
• Having a positive and 'can-do' attitude when it comes to fulfilling duties and responsibilities related to the field of duty but in relatively new areas,
• Having a high level of personal motivation and self-discipline in carrying out the activities for which he is responsible on time,
- Additional Responsibilities:
Depending on their level of skills and experience, the post-holder may occasionally have to perform additional tasks that are reasonable.
- Application Process:
If you are interested, you can apply for this position via the link below: