Job Title: Capacity Building Program Coordinator
Maya Vakfı is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Coordinator for Capacity Building Program based in İstanbul.
Location: Istanbul with frequent travel to South-East Turkey.
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
Program Coordinator will be responsible from coordination of development and implementation of Capacity Building Program for Social Service Centers of Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services. The coordinator will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. At least (5) years’ management experience in working for NGO sector is required for consideration. Additionally, experience in facilitation of training and someone that knows the Turkish social service system will be added values.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Providing weekly, monthly reports on a regular basis.
- Managing staff and project in İstanbul and South-East Turkey.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Working collaboratively with Operational and Clinical Director to implement program
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Graduate degree in Social Sciences, Business, Education or related field.
- Experience working with I/NGOs in Turkey.
- Experience in social service system of Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services and experience in facilitation of training will be an added value.
- At least 5 years’ project and team management experience in related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge file management and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines/ ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and the team based in different locations.
- Good adaptation skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Turkish. Arabic is desirable.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability and flexibility to undertake domestic and international travel.
- Ability to be an analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by December 31th, 2019.