I - Position Summary
CARE International in Turkey (CARE) provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria and refugee assistance within northern Turkey to people affected by the Syrian crisis. The Accountability Coordinator is a part of the Programmed Quality Unit, supporting the implementation of the overall program MEAL system. He/she will coordinate the refinement of Partner accountability mechanisms and the development of a CARE Accountability system at the Country office level in line with CARE Syria systems under the supervision of the MEAL Manager.
He/she will assist partners with activities, focusing on contact with partners and CARE program focal points in terms of information sharing, involving beneficiaries in monitoring and review, and collection of feedback through focus group discussions, interviews, and feedback & complaints mechanisms. He/she will support accountability activities within surveys, assessments, and evaluations. This position will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will support partners to implement the feedback mechanisms at the field level, ensuring that information from feedback is analyzed and disseminated, managing referrals and helping to produce informational materials for beneficiaries. He/she will also improve and maintain the CARE feedback system at the country office level with coordination with the regional office.
S/he will oversee all the use program generated data to effectively and simply demonstrate the scope and progress of CARE and partner’s work across Syria. This will enable up-to-date information to be included in donor reporting and funding proposals, and in discussions with key stakeholders. This position will generally support the MEAL team and program team to ensure accountability systems are working effectively.
II - Responsibilities
Job Responsibility # 1: Accountability system development & maintenance (40%)
- Improve the beneficiary feedback and complaints response system, and ensure its functionality both at CARE and partner level.
- Improve the use of FCRMS information for CARE and partners’ program improvement.
- Work with the wider MEAL/Program teams to promote beneficiary participation at all points of programming, especially during the design of accountability systems and activities
- Lead on the managing and building/maintaining accountability systems for CARE & partners including the running of existing mechanisms and set up and implementation of new areas
- Seek to continuously improve the timeliness and accuracy of complaints cycle according to the FCRMS categories and classification.
- Provide technical leadership and support to FCRMS and CARE and partner staff in planning and implementing of the FCRMS.
- Ensure regular deliverable and progress tracking to support program quality units.
- Work innovatively to improve direct beneficiary contact mechanisms to enable accountability and strengthen the understanding of programs’ outcomes, in line with CARE’s Humanitarian Accountability Framework and Core Humanitarian Standards
- Ensure the existence of accountability communications materials to promote access to accountability mechanisms amongst beneficiaries.
- Effectively communicate and support CARE’s partners on producing accountability-related reports through regular/on time meeting
- Monitor and oversee the implementation and progress of the accountability system(s) for CARE’s partners.
Job Responsibility # 2: Feedback and complaint management and leadership (40%)
- Take full leadership of the complaints management for NW operation in line with CARE Syria online FCRM system
- Monitor and oversee the implementation of the program’s beneficiary feedback and complaints response mechanism, including follow up on complaints, collecting and compiling findings and ensuring timely response to complaints across the program.
- Ensure that tools are aligned with Core Humanitarian Standards and the Accountability Framework issued by the Access Working group and broader program implementation strategies.
- Support and help reinforcing the qualitative and quantitative data collection process for the Accountability report
- Ensure timely response to the submission of complaints received through CARE Syria FCRM
- Manage and ensure the timely submission of quarterly, monthly and learning reports/analysis of the complaints and feedback received through the CARE system
- Utilize and analyze existing and coming data and produce reports that help in programs’ learning and feed into the overall strategies
Job Responsibility # 3: Accountability support to MEAL processes (10%)
- Lead and improve the FCRM reporting process including monthly, quarterly and annual reports for CARE, partner, and donor deliverable.
- Enhance the level of analysis of FCRM systems on program, sector and other different levels.
- Under the supervision of MEAL Manager create mechanisms to assess findings and define actions for improvement
- Ensure the use of the accountability findings for future programming
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and promote common understanding and implementation accountability
- Improve the training material both in Arabic and English to be used of CARE and partners’ staff capacities.
- Work across teams and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure collaboration and alignment
- Conduct/oversee the accountability related training to Care’s field monitors
Job Responsibility # 4: WoS Coordination & Capacity building (10%)
- Coach and mentor CARE staff and partners on different areas related to Accountability and the FCRM system, provide technical guidance including coaching and mentoring of Partner Accountability focal points.
- Coordinate with WOS Head of Programs to ensure relevant tools and systems are in place to ensure standardization across programs.
- Ensure and oversee that all complaints and feedback received through CARE’s feedback and complaints channels are managed and addressed within the mandated timeframe
- Document lessons learned and best practice on accountability to support CO and WOS adaptive programming and reporting needs
- Any other task as required by the line manager.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct, child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and equal opportunities.
- Directly supervise Accountability Officer and oversee CARE’s accountability consultants work inside Syria
- Managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
III - Requirements