CARE International in Turkey (CARE) provides cross-border humanitarian assistance inside Syria, to people affected by the Syrian crisis. The Accountability Officer is a part of the Programmed Quality Unit, supporting implementation of the overall programme Accountability system. S/he will coordinate the development and refinement of CARE’s accountability mechanisms at direct implementation level in line with the policies and procedures of Country Office level under the technical supervision of the Accountability Coordinator of CARE Turkey. In addition, S/he will support the partners to strengthen the Accountability System. This role will be reporting to the Accountability Coordinator.
In Close Coordination, S/he will plan and manage accountability activities, focusing on contact with beneficiaries in terms of information sharing, involving beneficiaries in monitoring and review, and collection of feedback through focus group discussions, interviews and feedback & complaints mechanisms. S/he will support accountability activities within surveys, assessments and evaluations. This position will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will support partners to implement the feedback mechanisms at field level, ensuring that information from feedback is analyzed and disseminated, managing referrals, and helping to produce informational materials for beneficiaries. He/she will also develop and maintain a CARE feedback system.
S/he will oversee all the use programme generated data to effectively and simply demonstrate the scope and progress of CARE’s Partners work across all programme. This will enable up-to date information to be included in donor reporting and funding proposals, and in discussions with key stakeholders.
This position will generally support the Accountability team and programme team ensure accountability systems are working effectively across the programme.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Job Responsibility #1 [% 45]
Follow up with Partners
- Technically coach and mentor partner staff on different areas related to Accountability (CRM, information sharing, community engagement, accountability standards, establishing accountability systems)
- Work with partners to follow up and ensure all the accountability activities are in place, per CARE’s Accountability Framework and Accountability Action Plans.
- Follow up with partners’ CRM systems and provide technical support in managing complaints/suggestions as well as review and provide feedback to partner’s CRM and accountability reports and databases on a monthly basis.
- Support partners to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities and that information is shared with affected communities.
- Coordinate with partners on a monthly basis and ensure CHS for accountability, PSEA standards and child safeguarding policies are integrated into their accountability systems
- Establish and manage monthly coordination meetings including all relevant CARE and partner staff to ensure experience sharing, documentation of good practices, working at scale and further improvement of partners’ accountability systems.
- Ensure partners understand and complaint with CARE’s accountability systems and requirements
- Work with accountability coordinator and KM coordinator on conducting further analysis on accountability data received by partners.
Job Responsibility #2 [%35]
Accountability system development & maintenance
- Manage and support Accountability assistant and accountability office worker
- Work with the Accountability Coordinator and the partners’ accountability focal points as well as coordinate with accountability focal points of Area Management to design or refine accountability systems including the running of existing mechanisms and set up and implementation of new mechanisms.
- Responsible for development of and tracking and review of accountability action plans.
- Work with Accountability Coordinator to maintenance of the CARE complaints and response mechanism suitable for the context.
- Produce accountability reports reflecting status and progress of accountability action plans per sector
- Conduct monthly follow up meetings with Accountability Assistant and Accountability coordinator to report the progress of accountability activities
- Work with programs and partners’ focal points on promoting for beneficiaries’ participation as possible.
- Contribute to internal and external reports as well as donor reports and any relevant presentations.
- Take full leadership of the complaints management for in line with CARE Turkey online CRM system
- Improve the existing CRM system in order to eliminate challenges and facilitate management of complaints and suggestions
- Manage feedback received through the CARE system and ensure timely and appropriate referral and follow-up as per CARE Turkey feedback and complaints manual
- Ensure timely and appropriate response to complaints as per CARE Turkey CRM manual
- Produce reports and analysis of the overall complaints received using CARE Turkey CRM
Job Responsibility #3 [%20]
Supporting MEAL processes and Capacity Building
- Support the Accountability Coordinator with accountability data collection processes for the Accountability Actions plans and other accountability focused activities.
- Feed accountability findings into project review meetings, learning reviews and reporting.
- Work with accountability and program team to diversify accountability activities through community engagement and information sharing in addition to feedback and complaints management.
- Analyze accountability related data collected by M&E in producing monthly accountability reports.
- Coach and mentor CARE staff on different areas related to Accountability (CRM, information sharing, community engagement, accountability standards, establishing accountability systems)
- Conduct accountability related trainings and capacity development for CARE staff and partners.
- Work with programs to manage and respond to CARE’s related complaints as per the online CRM system
- Work with programs to ensure all the accountability activities are in place as reflected in CARE’s Accountability Framework.
- Provide the necessary accountability data to different PQ functions.
- Any other task as required by Accountability Coordinator of CARE Turkey
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability and CARE’s Framework on Accountability to Affected Populations.
- Comply with CARE policies and practices with respect to gender and diversity, child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and equal opportunities.
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous experience of working in MEAL, accountability, customer service, or a community based/consultation related role.
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilization and community-level dialogue.
- Demonstrable experience of competently and effectively synthesizing and managing large quantities of data.
- Strong excel, data analysis and reporting skills.
- Experience of conducting trainings and coaching/mentoring.
- Experience of working with software or programming
- Excellent proven communication skills, including working with multiple stakeholder groups, including children.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Word, MS Excel, Access and MS Outlook.
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle a high workload and to work independently.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes, particularly in Syrian context
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, computer science or statistics – or equivalent discipline.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **