CARE Turkey is seeking a seasoned “Assistant Country Director- Humanitarian” to manage its Cross-Border Program Operations/Syria. The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that CARE Turkey’s cross border response program is of high quality in all aspects, including humanitarian standards, efficiency, effectiveness, compliance and impact.
The Cross-Border program is currently serving the entire North West with a projected US$ 60 million annual budget and 8 partners. Under the leadership of the ACD, the current strategy is to substantially increase the quality while maintaining scale and reach, with particular focus on achieving CARE's gender in emergency targets.
The major functions include:
- Strategy and Leadership: Leads on setting the strategy for serving those affected by the Syria crisis in North West Syria.
- Positioning of CARE: Leads CARE as a top 5 responder amongst peer organizations in terms of size, and ever higher for quality/ accountability, and focus on women and girls.
- Management: Overall responsible for management and oversight of the cross border response team, overseeing implementation through partner organizations as well as direct implementation.
- External Relations, Communication, Coordination and Policy: management of complex donor portfolio and sensitive government relations, as well as positioning of CARE in Inter-agency coordination system as leading on quality, accountability, humanitarian access and gender equity. Strengthen all levels of communication work to support program and policy objectives.
- Establishes strong policy positions on protection of IDPs and leads on advocacy efforts with a variety of audiences.
- Program Support and Compliance: Works closely with Program Support Units, with special focus on building strong compliance systems to meet all required standards and regulations, of donors, CARE and government of Turkey.
- Program: Provides oversight and direction to build a program portfolio that is impactful and accountable. This includes high quality program design, implementation, monitoring and learning. Also, ensuring that programs meet quality standards and administrative needs of donors and Government of Turkey.
- Fundraising, partnerships and innovations grows the portfolio for cross border programming inside Syria and support expansion of programming in additional locations.
- Security: Oversees security requirements of team, partner staff and monitoring consultants in NW Syria.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the ACD-Humanitarian is the main interlocutor with donors of the NW response. S/he oversees a team of program managers, and engages with CARE Turkey units such as Program Quality, Procurement and Logistics, Compliance etc. This position holder is a member of the CO Core Team, and reports to the CARE Turkey Country Director.
Advanced degree in relevant subjects, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Min. 10 year’s development/ humanitarian relief management experience in complex environments, advanced managerial experience, including complex portfolios and multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- Experience of working on the Syria crisis, is highly desired.
- High level of expertise in representation and advocacy with governments and donors.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
- CARE is Looking for Accountability and Verification Manager (Re-Advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Partnership Officer
- CARE is Looking for MEL Field Supporter (Female Only)
- CARE is Looking for Liaison Officer (Re-Advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Advocacy and Communications Manager (Re-Advertisement)