I - Position Summary
The position will be based in Adana with a regular travel to other locations. Under the supervision of the Project Officer, Field Supporter will be working in collaboration with other members of the technical and field staff. the Field Supporter will be responsible for supporting Shelter - WASH activities in South-East Turkey.
II - General Functions
- Assist in implementing assessments and ensure appropriate identification, registration and verification of beneficiaries
- Assist the Project Officer to plan, implement, and report timely in accordance with procedures, in liaison with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) team and other members of the Turkey Programme.
- Regularly communicate with communities and other stakeholders regarding activities to ensure smooth running of the project and compliance with contractual obligations
- Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s Turkey Programme
III - Responsibilities
1. Work with the team in the organization and externally to identify and register clients requiring shelter support in the field or though Information Spaces (IPS) walk-in (30%)
- Identify project’s participants as per project’s SoP.
- Identify the focal points in host and refugee community to provide a link between CARE and the communities we serve.
- Support the Project Officers with adequate and accurate records of information by undertaking regular data entry work as required
- Support the Project Team in communication with the refugee and/or host community and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular entry of electronic data relating to activities
- Monitoring efforts during and after the implementation of rehabilitation activities
- Keep good communication with beneficiaries and make calls whenever necessary for invitation for sessions/activities, collecting and sharing information.
2. Planning, implementing and reporting on Basic Needs activities (50%)
- Assist the Project Officer to schedule and plan activities
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for activities are followed
- Ensure accountability procedures are followed
- Provide regular communication for the activities on daily basis to Project Officer.
- Support the Field Team in communication with the refugee, host community and other stakeholders.
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required
- Support the project staff for collecting signatures on MOU and documentation of case files
3. Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s Turkey Programme (20%)
- Assist the Project staff for monitoring of the rehabilitation activities
- Provide feedback from project’s participants and community leaders
- Ensure the complaints are received by CARE properly and beneficiaries are informed and report on this to Project Officer.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Being familiar with electronic data collection tools
- Willingness to work in the Field
- Turkish Citizenship holder
- Ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
- Bachelor Degree of Civil Engineering or other.
Contract length: Probation period of 2 months.
- Duration of the contract is for one year with possibility of extension, depending on performance and funding.
- Recruitment for this position is dependent on final confirmation of funding.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **