I - Position Summary
CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
The position will be based in Gaziantep city center. Under the supervision of the Project Assistant and Officer and working in collaboration with other members of the technical and field staff, the Field Supporter will be responsible for supporting Shelter - WASH activities in South-East Turkey, the field supporter will report to the BN project assistant.
II - General Functions
- Assist in implementing assessments and ensure appropriate identification, registration, and verification of beneficiaries
- Assist the Project Officer and Assistant to plan, implement, and report timely in accordance with procedures, in liaison with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) team and other members of the Refugee Team
- Regularly communicate with communities and other stakeholders regarding activities to ensure the smooth running of the project and compliance with contractual obligations
- Contribute to the high-quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
III - Responsibilities
1. Work with the team in the organization and externally to identify and register clients requiring shelter support in the field or through Information Spaces (IPS) walk-in (30%)
- Identify the project’s participants as per the project’s SoP.
- Identify the focal points in the host and refugee community to provide a link between CARE and the communities we serve.
- Support the Project Assistants and Officers with adequate and accurate records of information by undertaking regular data entry work as required
- Support the Project Team in communication with the refugee and/or host community and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the regular entry of electronic data relating to activities
- Monitoring efforts during and after the implementation of rehabilitation activities
2. Planning, implementing and reporting on Basic Needs activities (50%)
- Assist the Project Officer and Project Coordinator to schedule and plan activities
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for activities are followed
- Ensure accountability procedures are followed
- Provide regular communication for the activities on a daily basis to Project Assistant, Project Officer, and Project Coordinator.
- Support the Field Team in communication with the refugee, host community and other stakeholders.
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required
4. Contribute to the high-quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response (20%)
- Assist the Project staff for monitoring of the rehabilitation activities
- Provide feedback from project’s participants and community leaders
- Ensure the complaints are received by CARE properly and beneficiaries are informed and report on this to Project Assistant and Project Officer.
IV - Qualification and skills
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to work in the Field
- The ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
V – Work conditions
Duty station: in Gaziantep city
Fieldwork: 100% (5 days/week)
Contract length: four months with the possibility of extension, dependent on the performance
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
“Due to national quota regulations, this position is open to applications from Turkish citizens only”
Applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted by 22 April 2019 and the job title should be included in the subject line of the email
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **