Managed by the Project Manager/Coordinator and working in collaboration with relevant technical staff and program support staff, the Project Officer will be responsible for implementing Refugee Program activities with a focus on Basic Needs sector (Shelter, NFI and WASH) activities in Adana - Turkey. He/she will ensure that agreed procedures are followed and accountability mechanisms are implemented in order to ensure high quality programming and continual improvement of the support to refugees provided by CARE.
- Planning, implementation of and follow-up of Basic Needs – Shelter/WASH field base activities
- Documentation and Office Based Tasks
- Data management and reporting
- Contributing to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
- Line Management Duties
1. Planning, implementation of and follow-up of Basic Needs – Shelter/WASH field base activities: 40%
- Support the Project Manager/Coordinator in the mapping of relevant organizations and institutions, highlighting which organizations are doing what and for whom in the Basic Needs sector.
- Assist the Project Manager/Coordinator with scheduling and planning the implementation of Basic Needs activities in Adana
- Lead and organize sensitization activities to introduce CARE to community leaders and community members and gain acceptance for proposed activities, specifically on Cash for Shelter.
- Support the Basic Needs Team on conducting the FGD’s related to the project cycle management
- Map out, and work to build and maintain strong working relationships with Muhtars on behalf of CARE – and work closely with CARE’s sub-contractors for Shelter/WASH activities when requested
- Lead the scheduling and planning of the project planned activities and produce workplans in agreement with the Project Technical Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Lead the team in liaising with Protection colleagues to work with community committees participating in Protection activities, or (in the absence of these) work to establish representative community committees and support these to make decisions on community-level activities
- Ensure smooth and timely referral processes from other internal and external stakeholders for Basic Needs support.
- Hold the responsibility for all related tasks on activity 2, such General and Technical Assessments, Case Coding, Picture Documentation, MOUs and verification visits
- Liaise with the Protection Team to work with community committees participating in Protection activities, or (in the absence of these) work to establish representative community committees and support these to make decisions on community-level activities
- Support the Project Manager/Coordinator with developing the vulnerability selection criteria and SOP aligned with Sphere standards and harmonization approaches of the Basic Needs Working Group and relevant Task Forces
- Perform regular tasks related to household selection and identification of exact needs per household
- Work with the Project Assistant, Field Supporters and Team Engineer to coordinate with construction service providers and focal points to plan and implement related activities.
- Support the Project Manager and the Team’s Engineer to follow up to ensure that planned infrastructure activities are completed on time and to the required standards
- Supervise CARE daily-workers / Field Supporters, if required and delegated
- Support the Basic Needs Team related to the tasks which will be given by line manager
- Coordinate and participate in regular tasks related to household selection/Community base-project/work monitoring/legal side of the process.
- Work with the Project Manager and Partnership & Liaison Officer to coordinate with relevant actors, ensuring that duplication is avoided and coverage of assistance is maximized.
2. Documentation and office based tasks: 20%
- Assist Basic Needs team in specific office based works on Shelter/WASH programming as; print-outs, hard-copy documentation, scanning and follow-ups
- Lead the team in Preparing, printing, documenting all MOUs, BOQs papers and official documents related to Basic Needs sector
- Assist the Project Coordinator for following up on referral of cases from other departments/partners and ensuring the intervention plan is applied according to the SOP
- Support the Project Coordinator to ensure that all financial and procurement procedures are correctly applied and documentation is accurate and complete
- Any other relevant program management tasks which will be delegated by Project Manager
3. Data management and reporting: 20%
- Ensure that adequate and accurate hard-copy and electronic (including database) records of information on participants and activities are kept by the Project team.
- Supervise production of regular activity reports on Basic Needs activities and prepare final drafts for review by the Project Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator.
- Compile monthly summary reports for activities for submission to the Project Manager
- Assist the Project Manager/Coordinator and M&E Coordinator with the preparation of project reports for CARE member partners and donors.
- Ensure the completion of monthly level data program entries
4. Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response: 10%
- Work with the M&E team to ensure ongoing review and monitoring to enable improvement of projects.
- With the Engineer and M&E Coordinator, ensure that households or community-level projects are selected based on agreed criteria, profiles and processes, and are registered according to procedure.
- Ensure that feedback received from community members, project participants and key stakeholders is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the communities or targeted individuals.
- Review and validate the findings of monitoring and accountability activities with the MEAL Coordinator and provide feedback for continually improving the quality of activities.
- Assist the Project Manager/Coordinato by contributing to Basic Needs strategy development, program design, project proposals and providing input on newly recognized/evolving needs and gaps.
- Attend coordination meetings if required by the Project Manager
5. Line management duties: 10%
- Line manage a team of up to five in accordance with CARE HR procedures.
- Ensure compliance by the Basic Needs staff with CARE’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures.
- Advanced level English language skills
- Solid computer skills, especially in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Good spoken and written Turkish and Arabic
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Understanding of laws relating to property and tenancy’ rights in Turkey
- Minimum first level university degree in relevant and related field; preferably engineering and/or Social Sciences, Economics and Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working in project management (or similar) in a humanitarian/recovery context and specific experience in one or more Core Competencies: WASH, Shelter/NFI, Food Security
- Excellent project management experience in complex contexts.
- Experience with project/programme start-up, exit or similar
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with projects involving implementation across two locations.
- Good knowledge of vulnerability assessment/beneficiary selection processes and approaches.
- Gender awareness and a commitment to gender equality.
- Prioritizes teamwork and contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills.
- Strong awareness of safety, security and risk management best practices.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills, especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Prior experience of Basic Needs activities, including Shelter/WASH or cash-based interventions
- Prior experience of participating in humanitarian coordination mechanisms
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **