CARE International in Turkey, together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
I - Position Summary
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Legal Counsellor (PLC) and the Statutory Pathway Case Management Officer (SPCMO) and working in collaboration with other CM team members, the position holder will be supporting PLC and SPCMO in Gaziantep Centre, Islahiye, Nizip, and Kilis.
II - General Functions
- Assists PLC and SPCMO with Arabic to Turkish and vice versa interpretations during one-to-one counseling sessions with client conducted with clients at IPSs (Information Protection Space) or at other venues.
- Assist PLC and SPCMO by means of reaching out to beneficiaries, arranging appointments via phone in accordance with directions of PLC and SPCMO.
- Accompany PLC and SEMCO to the Courts, PDMMs, Data Verification Centres, Directorates of Registration/Population Affairs, MoFLSS City Directorates, or any other official authorities to where the beneficiary is accompanied by PLC and SPCMO in order to ensure smooth interpretation services in Turkish and Arabic languages.
- Assist PLC and SPCMO during awareness raising sessions by way of translating and interpretation of sessions from Turkish/Arabic into Arabic/Turkish.
- Assist PLC and SEMCO during the assessment process of beneficiaries, when needed.
- Any other tasks requested by PLC and SPCMO when needed.
III - Responsibilities
- Provide feedback to PLC and SPCMO on the tasks given.
- Ensure that any complaints received from beneficiaries and stakeholders are reported to PLC and SPCMO in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all program activities are implemented in accordance with agreed standard operating procedures and using appropriate means and tools available through CARE resources.
Qualification and skills
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to work in the field
- Free to travel to the duty stations
- The ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
V – Work conditions
Duty station: Gaziantep Centre, Islahiye, Nizip, and Kilis.
Contract length: six months with the possibility of extension, dependent on performance. With a 2 month probation period.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to email
provided when you click the apply button.
Reference Code: CM Field Supporter
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
“Due to national quota regulations, this position is open to applications from Turkish citizens only”