Under the leadership of the Data Management (DM) Manager, the Data Management Coordinator will contribute to the CARE Turkey program through the development, rollout, maintenance and continuous improvement of crucial Data Management systems. The primary function of the role will be to provide DM support to the Program Quality Team through supporting the digitalisation efforts of the CARE Turkey county office by provide best data solutions that serve the program needs.
This position will require strong technical skills to identify gaps in data cycles across the three different program modalities of CARE Turkey and provide digital solutions to overcome data challenges, minimize human errors and increase data accuracy and reliability, finally, ensure consistency in the data across the three different program modalities as needed.
The DM Coordinator, will work with the DM team on analyzing data from multiple sources and support the visualisation efforts to ensure high level data is presented in an appropriate format to the relevant stakeholders including senior program staff and CT Core team.
S/he will be responsible for working with the DM team on fulfilling capacity gaps by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring sessions to the relevant staff from CARE and partners and conduct structured trainings as and when needed
This role will drive the consolidation of the DM System based on the guidance provided by the DM Manager. S/he will be working closely with different program staff from CARE and partners to continuously improve the existing data management cycle, system and tools.
Job Responsibility #1 (40%)
Advance CARE Turkey’s Data Management Systems and Tools:
- Constantly review and update CARE Turkey’s data management system (data flow, tools, databases Etc…
- Ensure that all CARE Turkey program modalities are supported with the appropriate databases to effectively manage their data.
- Constantly review and update the archiving system for Program Quality Unit.
- Support the DM team maintain CARE’s data protection protocols ensuring regular spot checks are being conducted.
- Contribute to the development and roll out of SOPs and user manuals for the different DM processes and products.
- Develop and maintain master database/s in order to better track CARE’s beneficiaries reach across different programs/sectors.
- Act as a reference/contact point for any data requests related to the overall beneficiaries reached through CARE Turkey.
- Under the guidance of the DM Manager, liaise with any external consultants supporting the development of DM systems.
- Design, generate and assist with periodic reports production (like Sitreps, and quarterly program reports)
- Provide technical support for CRM system and ensure ongoing technical maintenance of the online complaints system.
- Ensure harmonization across the three program modalities when designing new databases/softwares (as possible)
- Provide best solutions for digital data collection at the field using online and offline platforms
- Ensure ongoing coordination with the relevant staff from MEL and program when designing new databases/products.
- Work with the DM team on conducting data quality checks on new databases/softwares during pilot phase to accurate use of the tool.
Job Responsibility #2 (30%)
Managing Data Managing Team
- Ensure segregation of duties among the DM team
- Workload is distributed equaly and based on staff capacity
- Work with the team based on workplan
- Conduct regural meetings with the DM team to exchange updates and share challenges and recommendation related to work.
- Contribute to the development of positive and productive working environment
- Provide ongoing feedback on staff performance
- Ensure DM staff and coordinating closely with the relevant staff from CARE and partners
- Manage staff performance through conducting performance review meetings based on CARE’s system (APAA)
Job Responsibility #3 (20%)
Capacity Building and Development
- Work with the DM Manager on conducting capacity assessment for CARE staff and partners.
- Develop capacity building plan based on the results of the capacity assessment to scale up the capacity of CARE and partner’s staff on core DM topics.
- Continuously identify capacity gaps among CARE and partners, and work with the DM team on fuilfilling those gaps by providing the necessary on-job support and guidance.
- When needed organize short training sessions for CARE staff on key common topics Eg: (Microsoft office)
- Work with the DM team on providing the necessary training to program and MEL staff from CARE and partners on the use and the functions of the newly developed beneficiaries databases/softwares.
- Work with the relevant DM team on providing the necessary training to improve the analysis capacity among CARE and partner’s staff.
Job Responsibility #4 (10%)
Data Analysis and visualization:
- Based on the guidance of the DM Manager, work with the DM team on providing the necessary support to other Program and Program Quality colleagues by performing data analysis or offering visualization support as needed.
- Work with the DM team on developing hard maps and interactive maps reflecting CARE operations using appropriate softwares like Arc-GIS, CARTO, PowerBI etc…
- In coordination with the Media and communication team, develop information sharing products like Infographics & dashboards highlighting CARE’s achievements at the different levels.
- Represent CARE in external coordination when requested.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Any other task as required by line manager.
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Data Management, Statistics or related field.
- Strong skills in excel and other data management & visualization software (SQL databases/ C# / power-BI / QGIS , visual studio ).
- 2 years minimum experience of training and capacity building.
- Previous relevant experience such as data collection and analysis, software engineering, conducting surveys/assessments.
- Extensive experience in knowledge and database management.
- Strong skills in dealing with massive excel databases.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of CARE International.
- Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes
- Experience with institutional donor (i.e. OFDA, ECHO, DFID)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting.
Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Contract length: Probation period of 2 months.
- Duration of the contract is for one year with possibility of extension, depending on performance and funding.
- Recruitment for this position is dependent on final confirmation of funding.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **