CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
The position will be based in the field locations. Under the supervision of the Case Management Assistant and Officer and working in collaboration with other members of the technical and field staff, the Field Supporter will be responsible for supporting Case Management activities in South-East Turkey.
- Assist in implementing assessments and ensure appropriate identification, registration and verification of beneficiaries
- Assist the Case Management Officer and Assistant to plan, implement, and report timely in accordance with procedures, in liaison with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) team and other members of the Refugee Team
- Regularly communicate with communities and other stakeholders regarding activities to ensure smooth running of the project and compliance with contractual obligations
- Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
1. Work with the team in the organisation and externally to identify and register clients requiring protection support in the field or though Information Spaces (IPS) walk-in (40%)
- Identify project’s participants as per project’s SoP.
- Identify the focal points in host and refugee community to provide a link between CARE and the communities we serve.
- Support the Case Management Assistants and Officers with adequate and accurate records of information by undertaking regular data entry work as required
- Support the Project Team in communication with the refugee and/or host community and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular entry of electronic data relating to activities
- Monitoring efforts during and after the implementation of Case Management activities
2. Planning, implementing and reporting of Case Management activities (50%)
- Assist the Case Management Officer and Project Coordinator to schedule and plan activities
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for activities are followed
- Ensure accountability procedures are followed
- Provide regular communication for the activities on daily basis to Case Management Assistant, Officer and Coordinator.
- Support the Field Team in communication with the refugee, host community and other stakeholders.
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required
- Support case management officers and assistants during field visits in assessments and implementation of case plan
- Manage communication and provide reporting as per CM/IPA SoP.
3. Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response (10%)
- Assist the Project staff for monitoring of the Case Management activities
- Provide feedback from project’s participants and community leaders
- Ensure the complaints are received by CARE properly and beneficiaries are informed and report on this to Project Assistant and Project Officer.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish, Fluency in Kurdish is highly desired.
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to work in the Field
- Ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
- Previous experience in case management would be highly recommended.
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
- Female candidates will be preferred.
Field work: 100% (5 days/week)
Contract length: 6 (six) months with possibility of extension, dependent on performance
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **