CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey. CARE began projects responding to the needs of Syrian refugees in southern Turkey in October 2014.
At the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, CARE Turkey program started a helpline phone number to tackle the impact of this pandemic on asylum seeking population in Turkey by providing accurate and timely information about COVID-19 related issues and services. Later, CARE upgraded the helpline with a virtual calling system to respond to the increasing number of calls and to utilize this channel for more services. Now, in addition to public awareness-raising and information activities related to COVID-19, the helpline provides live translation service, protection and legal counseling on issues affecting refugees, and information on nearby services. Also, through this helpline system, referrals are received to CARE’s services.
The position will be based in Gaziantep city center. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and in collaboration with other members of the technical and field staff, the Helpline Operator will be responsible for supporting helpline activities.
- Answering or making calls to clients to learn about and address their needs, inquiries, or other issues.
- Responding efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, providing accurate translation, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Engaging in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing angry clients, as needed.
- Utilizing software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately.
- Understanding and striving to meet or exceed call center metrics while providing excellent consistent service.
- Making recommendations for services that may better suit client needs.
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of position.
- Adhering to CARE policies and procedures.
- Answer courteously inbound calls and respond to caller inquiries.
- Provide personalized service by responding to the needs of the caller
- Respond efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, providing accurate translation, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
- Ensure feedback from the caller to further improve the quality of the Helpline.
- Manage and update databases with the status of each caller and record 100% updated and accurate data.
- Coordinate with the team to provide needed services on time to the clients.
- Provide clients with information packages on CARE and available services.
- Evaluate problems of the clients and provide logical lasting solutions.
- Manage filing, mailing, correspondence and other management tasks.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially with CRM software, and strong typing skills.
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and verbal and written communication skills, professional phone voice.
- University Degree
- Ability of spoken Kurdish
- Experience working in a call center
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
Duty station: Gaziantep
Office work: 100% (5 days/week)
Contract Length: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
- CARE is Looking for NGO Forum Advocacy and Communication Coordinator
- CARE is Looking for Gender in Emergencies Specialist (Re-Advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for FSR Project Assistant
- CARE is Looking for FSR Project Assistant X2
- CARE is Looking for Protection Outreach Officer (Re-advertisement) - Female Only
- CARE is Looking for ICT Officer