CARE International in Turkey (CARE) provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria and refugee assistance within northern Turkey to people affected by the Syrian crisis. The HR Coordinator is a part of the HR unit, reporting to the Director of HR, supporting the planning and implementation of the overall HR system. He/she will coordinate for the proper application of HR policies and procedures that are responding to the organization and the staff needs.
Job Responsibility # 1: Recruitment and Selection
▪ Lead and Coordinate the CO recruitment processes including but not limited to advertising, screening, interviewing, hiring, etc. according to CO HR Manual. Participate interviews.
▪ Provide expertise to all people involved in the recruitment process on how to lead it properly with the aim of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to be developed.
Job Responsibility # 2: Function Evaluation
▪ Follow up, propose, revise and/or draft HR-related procedures and policies (CO HR Manual), to improve the functioning and the communication within the CO
▪ Contribute to the implementation of the internal working rules (conditions of employment and internal regulations) according both to Turkey labor laws and CARE policies
▪ Participate with the DOHR to set up and update the organizational chart
▪ Participate to meetings with donors, partners and/or local authorities if needed.
▪ Provide required information for the audits conducted by donors, authorities etc. Handle audit requirements with close coordination with program, compliance, and finance units.
▪ Network with the HR professionals from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
Job Responsibility # 3: Performance Management
▪ Coordinate and follow up probation period evaluations and improvement plans in close coordination with respective supervisors and DOHR.
▪ Ensure annual appraisals (APAA) is done according to CARE policies and follow up with managers and staff in order to ensure a fair and transparent process.
▪ Provides support and advice to managers and staff about CARE’S performance management system. Conduct pieces of training and sessions to support organizational culture on performance management.
▪ Follow up and coordinate promotions, salary changes according to local laws, and CARE’s policy and procedures.
▪ Handle with the DOHR, any disciplinary actions that might be needed as CARE’s policies and local laws. Conducting investigations in close coordination with DOHR and/or CD if it is needed.
Job Responsibility # 4: Employee Participation and Communication
▪ Be responsible for implementing systems to improve communication with staff and address their grievances, such as a staff representative system and participate in or lead staff meetings/sessions (PSS, Wellbeing activities, Workplace safety, etc.)
▪ Informs CO in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps DOHR informed at any time.
At least 3 years of experience in HR or relevant field
Proficiency in oral and written English.
Knowledge about local laws and regulations
Ability to communicate to groups, and training or facilitation skills
Planning and organizing skills
Analytical listening skills
Ability to work with diverse groups
At least 5 years of experience in HR or relevant field
Good understanding of Talent Management & Development
Experience and theoretical knowledge of learning and development in human resources
Knowledge of International development
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post,
following to provided link when you use the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted