CARE International in Turkey (CARE) provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria, and refugee assistance within Turkey to people affected by the Syrian crisis. The HR Officer (X-border) is a part of the HR unit, reporting to the HR Coordinator, supporting planning and implementation of the overall HR system mainly related to cross border HR issues . He/she will coordinate for proper application of HR policies and procedures that are responding to the organization and the staff needs.
Job Responsibility # 1: Recruitment and Selection
- Support CO recruitment processes including but not limited to advertising, screening, interviewing, hiring etc. according to HR Manual.
- Participate interviews.
- Provide support to all people involved in recruitment process to ensure a proper recruitment process in accordance with internal policies and local laws.
- Maintaining a professional communication with the candidates and potential staff members.
Job Responsibility # 2: Function Evaluation
- Follow up HR-related procedures and policies to improve the functioning and the communication within the CO.
- Contribute to the implementation of the internal working rules (conditions of employment and internal regulations) according both to local labor laws and CARE policies
- Updates organizational chart on a monthly basis and submits it to the HR Coordinator.
- Provide required information for the audits conducted by donors, authorities etc.
- Network with the HR professionals from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Being part of audits and investigations if required.
Job Responsibility # 3: Rewards & Discipline
- Follow up and complete processes for rewards and discipline according to local laws and CARE’s policy and procedures in close coordination with HR coordinator.
- Provide support to disciplinary actions that might be needed as CARE’s policies and local laws.
Job Responsibility # 4: Administrative Responsibilities
- Follow up on policies are available to all staff, understood by staff, and are applied.
- Ensures necessary documents and information from staff for contracts preparation.
- Compiles monthly HR reports and submits them to the HR coordinator and/or DoHR.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding HR related issues and documentation
- Follow up on job descriptions are up to date for all staff and positions
- Support HR Coordinator on legal issues
- Know labor legislation in the country; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labor legislation by regularly checking legislation sources.
Job Responsibility # 5: Performance Management
- Follow up probation period evaluations and improvement plans in close coordination with HR Coordinator.
- Provides support and advice to staff about CARE’S performance management system
Job Responsibility # 6: Learning and Development
- Support HR Coordinator on all training and capacity building activities including but not limited to; planning, organizing, maintaining proper recording, evaluation, feedback etc.
- Organize orientation sessions for all newly recruited staff and reminder trainings for previously hired staff.
Job Responsibility # 7: Employee Participation and Communication
- Improve communication with staff and address their grievances, such as a staff representative system and participate staff meetings/sessions (PSS, Wellbeing activities, Workplace safety etc.)
- Informs CO in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it.
- Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HR Coordinator and/or DoHR informed at any time.
- Provides feedback on staff well-being through formal and informal mechanisms
Bachelor's degree in relevant field
Required Skills and Experiences
- At least 3 years of experience in HR or relevant field
- Proficiency in oral and written English and Arabic.
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge about local laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate to groups, and training or facilitation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to work in partnership and draw on the experience of others; proficiency in teamwork and collaboration
- Proficiency in oral and written Turkish
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **