CARE Turkey is working to provide humanitarian aid related to the crisis in Syria through direct implementation cross-border and within Turkey, with much of the field implementation work being carried out by partner organizations in Turkey and CARE Syria’s Northern Hub. The main purpose of this role is to provide strong coordination of the CARE Northern Syria Hub MEAL system, enhancing the quality and accountability of our work and the work of our Partners.
The Independent verification (IV) Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the North hub:
- Generated adequate verification of partner field activities,
- Provides adequate support to partners on MEAL,
- Has sufficient good quality data available to be informed of the effect on the targeted populations,
- Receives regular, timely and context-specific, meaningful feedback from beneficiaries and partners and that feedback effectively informs and signals areas where attention is required,
- Is supported with sufficient information on learning to support continual improvement of projects.
CARE is striving for gender parity in its team structure. We particularly welcome applications for this job from female candidates This role is expected to take big role in the coordination of the CARE field monitoring between MEAL working program and partners. S/he will work to continuously improve project quality control with specific focus on the following areas; qualitative and quantitative data collection, assessment scheduling and coordination, data analysis and use, and quality monitoring. The IV Coordinator will ensure that all Partner projects are continually monitored for their effectiveness and appropriateness and that lesson are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming. This includes the coordination of CARE MEAL consultants at field level. S/he will guide Partner teams in achieving outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with international standards. They will generally coordinate MEAL across the program to ensure a standard level of quality and that learning and accountability systems are working effectively.
Job Responsibility #1 Management of CARE’s Independent Verification (IV): | % 50 of time |
- Line Manage the IV team inside Turkey/Syria.
- Work with Accountability and Verification Manager to effectively manage CARE’s independent verification process for inside Syria programming.
- With support of the Accountability and Verification Manager ensure that CARE’s IV is working towards output level monitoring focusing on project deliverables, services and coverage.
- Work with Accountability and Verification Manager to ensure that staff from CARE and partners fully understand the function of IV in quality assurance and strengthen a culture of open reflection and improvement.
- Support Accountability and Verification Manager to contribute to the Independent Verification Confirmation Sheet on a monthly basis, confirming all the program deliverables and services was independently monitored by CARE.
- Ensure MCs tools and reports are customized based on consultation with relevant MEL /Program staff in addition to G&P advisor to meet the needs of each sector/modality.
- Ensure triangulation of monitoring findings coming from MCs and TPM and provide overall summary report to the concerned staff from MEL and program.
- Develop and update IV MC master workplan on regular basis based on change/update in the program workplans.
- Work with MEL Manager to ensure sufficient number of MCs are available to fulfil all project’s independent verification.
- Ensure maximum ability to manage team and workload by efficient delegation of tasks, team management, and careful monitoring of work/life balance.
- Ensure high field coordination between CARE MC, TPM and partner’s field focal point avoid overlap among beneficiaries’ sample between MCs, TPM & partners.
- Ensure the IV system is supporting the learning and the adaptations of the programs which contribute to better results and quality.
Reporting | % 20 of time |
- Based on consultation with MEL Coordinator and Accountability and Verification Manager work towards standardizing the reporting templates and timeframes of IV activities between TPM & MCs to match with partner’s reporting templates and timeframes as well.
- Work with IV team to ensure timely reporting of monitoring findings as per the standard reporting timeframes for MEL reports.
- Ensure immediate (within maximum 24 hour since monitoring activities conducted) reporting of red flags to program/project managers.
- Support & contribute to donor’s reporting with MCs reports/findings
- Produce monitoring reports per monitoring activity and compile synthesis of learning across projects and sectors.
- With technical support from IM Coordinator contribute to organizational learning through providing summary analysis of IVs findings to SMT & sectors lead
- Support Accountability and Verification Manager in reporting IV related section within
Job Responsibility #2 Effective MEL coordination and support: | % 20 |
- Ensure that data collection and entry methodologies used at field level are those that have been agreed between hubs and that partners are satisfied that they are fit for purpose.
- Ensure SADD data and data on changes in gender relations and structure is regularly collected and used in analysis.
- Ensure gender sensitive data collection forms are available from MEL UNIT and gender sensitive approaches are used when collecting information from primary and secondary beneficiaries
- Use monthly data to produce information at CO level in accessible and visible formats for different strata of staff to encourage a culture of data use and evidence-based decision making.
- Work closely with MEL coordinator, sectors MEL officers and program team to ensure proper planning for CARE’s IV activities inside Syria
Job Responsibility #3 Capacity Building
- Identify training/learning needs of staff and conduct trainings to address the capacity gaps, in collaboration with their line-manager and the human resources department.
- Ensure positive and effective on the job coaching from CARE MEL team to partner MEAL teams.
- Provide training and capacity building to CARE and partners on MEL areas that require improvement as per capacity development plans and ad hoc.
- Ensure positive and effective communication between the sector MEL Officers and IV team staff (and CARE program team).
- Provide overall management support to monitoring consultants through regular contact, remote supervision/mentoring, direct training.
- Ensure an open and engaging environment for MEL team staff, focused on supportive supervision, constructive feedback and recognition of effort.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- Certification in project management or MEAL related technical course
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in MEAL for NGOs
- Minimum 1 year team management experience with an NGO or private company
- At least 1 years experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in a remote management humanitarian context
- Extensive experience in data/database management
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Arabic and English
- Ability to facilitate/conduct technical trainings for staff in a remote setting
- Ability to write clear and effective assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across a range of stakeholders, but particular with partners
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
Special Conditions: Visit to Partners offices and attending workshops in Turkey and outside of Turkey as required
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **