Under the Deputy Director for Program Quality (DDPQ) supervision, the incumbent will support the development of the CO Knowledge Management and Learning strategy and the subsequent implementation of the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) framework and Plan for CARE Turkey. Working with the sectoral leads across both Cross Border, Northern Aleppo and Turkey Programming s/he will identify and resolve knowledge-related issues and promote knowledge sharing through existing and/or strengthened operational processes and systems. S/he will be tasked with developing a common vision and improving staff and partner engagement, cooperation, and collaboration while continuously increasing their capacity to learn and maintain a sharing and learning culture within their respective and across organizations. Therefore, the ability to effectively work with a diverse group across program teams and partners; both directly and remotely, will be essential to the success of the post
Under the strategic guidance of the DDPQ and in close collaboration with the MEL Manager and other technical staff in the Program Quality structure, the incumbent will support the design and implementation of specific methodologies, systems & processes and tools for implementing practical learning activities to the scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities. The position is responsible for leading and facilitating knowledge-driven programming, continuous learning, and evidence-based decision-making processes within CARE and Partner organizations.
Position Level: Project Manager
Contract Duration: 1 year, possible extension with funding
Location of Posting: Gaziantep
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 Develop and maintain a learning and knowledge management system % 40 of time
- Establish a system to support and foster a strong learning and accountability culture within CARE
- Work closely with the MEL Manager and DDPQ on ensure KML and MEL have solid connecting and working towards aching the same goals.
- Working with the key stakeholders, including the MEL, Accountability, Program/Project, Grants & Business Development, Gender and Protection Specialist, and the Partnerships Manager, identify gaps and challenges that impede learning and sharing within and between CARE and partner organizations.
- Develop a system for learning and knowledge management using a variety of formats (digital, virtual meetings, face to face, etc.). This includes supporting the establishment of a system to capture feedback and share knowledge and learning internally within CARE and with and from Partner Organizations based on strengths and weaknesses identified.
- Make concrete and implement proposals for ways of organizing internal knowledge. Lead the development of learning and knowledge management policies to ensure minimum standards and implementation across projects and programs.
- Work with the Data Management Manager on building a well-curated database for learning from evaluations, project reports, and other relevant information which are easily retrievable and updated
- With the support of the cross functional and sectoral teams, lead on the development of a better management of existing sources of knowledge (e.g. field reports) and make CARE’s studies and reports more easily accessible
Job Responsibility #2 Lead on the Development of Learning and Research Products %30 of time
- Develop annual research agenda for CARE Turkey CO and update it on a regular basis
- Lead on all internal research initiatives for CARE Turkey and represent CT on all external research initiatives that involve the region/HQ.
- Lead the development of evidence-based learning products for Turkey, Cross Border and Northern Aleppo Programming.
- Lead the development of learning products and materials for use in policy engagement/influence.
- Work with the ACDs for Cross Border and Turkey Programs and the Business Development and Grants Manager to identify areas and scope for research to support program design based on CARE and Donor priorities and emerging needs and challenges in the field.
- Work with the Communications Advisor and Manager to identify evidence and practice to support advocacy and external debates and/or representation and information sharing
Job Responsibility #3 Promote a culture for learning and knowledge sharing across CARE % 20 of time
- Develop CARE’s vision and goal for learning and knowledge management – to include knowledge capture, sharing and continuous learning.
- Support CARE and its implementing partners to plan and manage the successful execution of learning and knowledge management activities, including events such as regular seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
- Identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Compile synthesis of learning across projects and sectors and promote the integration of recommendations and lessons learnt in project planning and future programming for both cross border and Turkey programs
Job Responsibility #4 Information Management Related %10 of time
- Exercise creativity in analyzing incoming data to better respond to or highlight emerging needs in Turkey and cross border programming
- Introduce more sophisticated technologies and/or methodologies to improve the efficiency and rigor of analysis.
- Map and present data, information and knowledge flows in order to identify gaps and/or impacts and for easy retrieval and informed decision making.
- Build solid archiving system for PQ unit and ensure regular backup is made and kept safe.
- Lead on the data visualization for Program and Program quality data.
- Strengthen the capacity of partners, program and program quality staff on key IM topics related to KM and learning as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum 5 solid years of professional experience in managing responsibilities related to Knowledge Management, Accountability, Information Management and Research for NGOs.
- Minimum 4 years of team management experience with an NGO or private company.
- Good experience in working with partners in remote management context
- Good understanding of Syrian context and particularly in North West Syria and South East Turkey
- Extensive experience in database management, quantitative software applications and qualitative methods
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity.
- Ability to facilitate/conduct technical trainings for staff in a remote setting
- Ability to write clear and detailed research/assessment reports
- Good understanding of donor requirements inclusive of DFID, OFDA, ECHO and other major donors
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across a range of stakeholder.
- Experience of representation and ability to represent CARE effectively in external forums
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Strong skills in data management softwares.
- Fluency in written and oral Turkish and, or Arabic languages.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Excellent report writing skills is needed.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Position is opened only for local applications, international applications may not be considered!
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **