The LER Program Manager will be responsible for establishing and leading CARE’s remotely-managed LER Program in North Syria. Under the guidance of the ACD – Humanitarian, with support from the regional and global Livelihood Adviser and in close cooperation with the Gender and Protection Advisor, the Program Manager will lead the implementation of the LER Program strategy to ensure CARE’s intervention is timely, effective and relevant to the range of needs. S/he will be overall responsible for all LER grants in the North Syria portfolio, directly manage the CARE LER team, and be directly responsible for relevant partner management and performance as well as direct LER implementation. The Program Manager will work closely with CARE’s other Program Managers to ensure strategic integration where possible as well as collaborating with key program support functions, including Finance, HR, Administration, Logistics and Procurement to ensure operational systems and processes are functioning smoothly. S/he will be responsible for the application of gender and protection mainstreaming in all LER specific projects and will provide technical training, mentoring and capacity building for CARE staff and implementing partners.
She/he will ensure that the LER Program is principled and compliant focusing on project management, partner management, donor coordination, program development, and reporting within the LER Program.
Job Responsibility #1 Program Development and Strategy %20 of time
- Lead on development and implementation of the North Syria hub LER strategy in line with CARE Syria LER strategy.
- Participate in developing north hub strategy and provide inputs regarding LER programming.
- Design, coordinate and lead sectoral need assessments and ensure that findings are used in program strategy review and program planning adaptions.
- Lead on development of an LER sector plan, inclusive of partner portfolio needs.
- Provide programmatic management and leadership of LER interventions, ensuring the strategic direction of project operations.
- Lead on LER donor relations, development of donor proposals and medium to long term funding strategies.
- Financial management of all LER budgets, and ensure master budget for the LER sector is in place and representative of the sector planning and strategy.
- Ensure up to date scenario and contingency planning for the LER sector, in collaboration with other sector program managers.
- Lead on advocacy and fundraising related to sectors under this program.
Job Responsibility #2 Program Implementation and Quality Assurance %35 of time
- Design and implement appropriate LER Programs by ensuring efficiency and effectiveness through strong program management as well as assuring quality of partner implemented projects.
- Establish detailed implementation plans, including phased budgets, work plans, procurement planning and indicator tracking.
- Manage program budget lines and ensure proper and effective use of program resources.
- Prepare timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal CARE requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- With technical support from the PQ team, apply appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
- Lead on project level progress reviews with partners and relevant CARE departments inclusive of work plan, budget and MEAL plan reviews.
- Act and report on issues raised through independent verification activities.
- Ensure program data is of good quality with sufficient data review, protection, storage and analysis to inform project adaption and program development.
- Lead on project/sector specific learning reviews with partners with support from program quality.
- Ensure that program teams are kept informed of developments in North Syria in the area of sectorial development, in particular by liaising with partners and other International and other institutions in the country where possible
- Maintain financial overview of LER grants and activities and monitor relevant expenditure to ensure full compliance with CARE and donor requirements.
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational.
- Liaise with CARE country team and other CARE global support to ensure all necessary support is provided to ensure the effective implementation of the program.
- Coordinate and collaborate with technical specialists to ensure the managed program meets desired outcomes
- Ensure gender is fully considered throughout the project cycle with women being enabled to influence decision- making around LER issues.
- Responsible to ensure programme specific gender action plan (GAP) and the “do no harm” assessment is planned and implemented throughout the project cycle and mitigation measures and re-adaptation of the programme/budget occurs, with close support of the GBV/protection mainstreaming officer and in close coordination and cooperation with the gender and protection adviser (at strategic level and capacity building).
- Ensure Sphere standards both qualitative and quantitative are considered and any departures documented.
- Ensure that LER programs are conflict sensitive and responsive to the local context by remaining aware of the shifting context and coordinating with the security team and regional conflict analyst.
Job Responsibility #3 Partner Management %25 of time
- Accountable for strong management of partners including supporting SGA development and leading implementation, addressing of partner issues, monitoring of partner weaknesses, and supportive supervision to partners.
- Develop and support excellent working relationships between CARE and implementing partners based on effective and timely communication, supportive management and strong guidance on compliance.
- Support the Partnership Manager to conduct organizational capacity assessments for new and existing partners and contribute to the Partnership Committee on partner selection for LER partners.
- Ensure technical assessments conducted for new and existing partners to enable categorization of partners based on technical capacity.
- Monitor and review current LER partners in line with Partner monitoring systems and work with the Partnership Manager to identify new LER partners.
- Track and share implementation issues with the Partnership Manager and compliance issues with the Compliance Manager with a focus on follow up and resolution by the program team.
- Contribute strongly to partner monitoring processes as led by the Partnership Manager.
Job Responsibility #4 Staff Management and Capacity Building %15 of time
- Manage the LER Program team, including staff in both Syria and Turkey and consultants
- Ensure CARE Program staff receive strong line management, performance appraisal and coaching and mentioning support.
- Accountable for CARE staff work planning and delivery of results.
- Support the partnership manager to develop and implement an LER capacity development plan for partners
Job Responsibility #5 Information and Coordination %5 of time
- Develop and support an excellent working relationship between implementing and non-implementing partners based on effective and timely communication.
- Liaise with local partners, NGOs, and other relevant entities for coordination and implementation, including with relevant Cluster coordination bodies.
- Represent CARE in relevant working group meetings.
- Provide briefings to the Area Director and other staff as appropriate on the progress of project implementation
- Bachelor degree in development, economics, agriculture or related subject
- MA in development or related subject, or MBA, or equivalent expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience in and demonstrated expertise in humanitarian programming with high profile international donor-funded aid and development programs (FCDO, ECHO, EU, USG etc)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Economic Recovery and/or Livelihoods programming in Syria
- Experience working with and supporting implementing partners
- Outstanding ability to support and advise non-specialist colleagues, communicates complex ideas clearly, and facilitates learning and reflection activities
- Experience with Gender, Equity and Diversity considerations
- Excellent project management experience in complex emergency contexts.
- Strong financial and contract management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage contracts in compliance with major donor requirements
- Able to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills.
- Strong awareness of safety, security and risk management best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and networking and Problem Solving
- Understanding of principles of participation, protection and women’s empowerment
- Skills in budget and financial management
- Fluent in English
- Experience of capacity development with partners in remote management
- Arabic language highly preferred
- Experience of remote management methodologies
- Experience in donor and stakeholder coordination
- Strong understanding of humanitarian coordination systems
- Ability to develop and foster external organizational relationships and applied representation skills.
- Experience leading assessments and preparing high quality assessment reports
- Experience writing proposals and developing budgets
- Advanced written and spoken English Language skills.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the design and management of effective trainings, workshops and meetings with diverse participants.
- Strong skills in written communication, including effective report writing
- Strong skills in inter-personal communications, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-actor environment.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Strong team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team.
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills.
- Gender awareness and commitment to gender equality
- Arabic language skills highly desired.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
- CARE is Looking for WASH & Shelter Coordinator - Area Office
- CARE is Looking for WASH & Shelter Project Coordinator (Partners)
- CARE is Looking for Field Supporter
- CARE is Looking for MEL Specialist (Re-advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Protection Helpline Coordinator (Re-advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Assistant Country Director-Humanitarian
- CARE Ofis Görevlisi Arıyor
- CARE is Looking for Basic Needs Project Officer (Female Only)