I - Position Summary
CARE International in Turkey, together with local Syrian NGOs implementing partners, is providing much needed humanitarian assistance to alleviate the impact of the crisis in Syria in a highly complex, fluid, remote-management environment. Due to access and security issues, CARE is working exclusively through partners to deliver aid in northern Syria
Managed by the Livelihoods Program manager and working in collaboration with Livelihoods coordinators and other members in the field and in Turkey. the Program Support Assistant will be responsible for supporting the administration side of livelihoods program activities to ensure efficient operation and smooth processes of the program.
II - General Functions
- Support and follow up with the implementation of activities.
- Data management and Archiving for all program related documentation.
- Contract management for CARE’s filed consultants including renewal, payments …etc. based on guidance provided by program management.
III - Responsibilities
1. Follow up with the implementation of activities: 20%
- Assist the line manager to schedule and plan livelihoods related activities with IP’s
- Work as a team player providing relevant information assistance to colleagues and ensuring project components for which she is responsible are interlinked.
- Provide support for organizing visits, meeting, events, training and workshops.
- Assist the line manager to follow up with monitoring accountability and learning department ensuring monitoring and accountability procedures are followed
2. Data management and reporting (40%)
- Assist in the review and validation of beneficiary information and databases, and provide feedback for improving the quality of activities
- Maintain all relevant project documents in electronic and paper files (reports, contracts, agreements, correspondence, meeting notes, training materials.)
- In cooperation with the line manager, properly documents the achievements and lessons of the project activities and disseminates to partners.
- Ensure that accurate and most updated records of activities are kept
- Provide timely, transparent reports about missing and un-submitted documents
3.Contract management for CARE’s field consultant (40%)
- Liaise with the admin and procurement teams to ensure the smooth and timely running of the contracting process
- Assists in preparing contracts, purchase orders, payments using CARE’s people soft system
- Assist line manager with follow up for filed technical consultant related deliverables and keep it archived and accessible for livelihoods team.
IV - Qualification and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration / Economics, social science or relevant education degree
- A team player, eager to learn new skills.
- Very good spoken and written English.
- Good administrative skills and ability to effectively use technology and follow procedures and help others to do the same.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with humanitarian organizations or non-governmental organizations in Turkey.
- Strong planning and communication skills.
- Strong Archiving and documentation skills.
- Very good Microsoft office skills.
- Spoken and written Turkish.
- Spoken and written Arabic.
- Prior experience of implementing and monitoring Livelihoods activities
Contract length: 12 months (April,2019-March 2020) with the possibility of extension, dependent on funding
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address provided in the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates “
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer*