CARE Turkey is working to provide humanitarian aid related to the crisis in Syria through direct implementation cross-border and within Turkey, with much of the field implementation work being carried out by partner organizations in Turkey and CARE Syria’s Northern Hub. The main purpose of this role is to provide strong coordination of the CARE Northern Syria Hub M&E system, enhancing the quality and accountability of our work and the work of our Partners.
The M&E Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the North hub:
This role will drive the consolidation of the CARE M&E approach working closely with partner and program staff and other CARE hubs. S/he will work to continuously improve project-level M&E with a specific focus on the following areas; qualitative and quantitative data collection, assessment scheduling and coordination, data analysis and use, and quality monitoring. The M&E Coordinator will ensure that all Partner projects are continually monitored for their effectiveness and appropriateness and that lessons are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming. This includes the coordination of CARE M&E consultants at the field level. S/he will guide Partner teams in achieving outcome/impact-focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with international standards. They will generally coordinate M&E across the program to ensure a standard level of quality and that learning and accountability systems are working effectively.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1
M&E system coordination and implementation:
Job Responsibility #2
Partner’s support and compliance
Job Responsibility #3
- Provide direct supervision of the M&E Officers and Assistants through the performance review process.
- Identify training needs of staff and conduct training to address the capacity gaps, in collaboration with their line-manager and the human resources department.
- Ensure maximum ability to manage team and workload by an efficient delegation of tasks, macro management, and careful monitoring of work/life balance.
- Provide necessary support for M&E Officers occasionally, including filling in the gaps, support on daily tasks and coordination with partners and/or program teams
- Support the implementation of the data protection protocol in the North hub and regularly assess compliance by CARE and Partner staff until the IM Coordinator is in place.
Job Responsibility #4
- Schedule all donor’s/CARE related reporting deadlines and work closely with sector M&E officers, partners and program teams on meeting those deadlines
- Ensure familiarity with all donor’s/CARE reporting requirements (template, SADD, content, Etc…)
- Ensure all partners, TPM and MCs reports are being reviewed by sectors M&E officers and feedback on report content/quality must be provided.
- Standardize reporting template for M&E related activities as possible
- All M&E reports are reviewed by M&E staff and program teams, ensure constructive feedback is given to Partner field staff with relevant follow and support provided.
- Coordinate CARE’s M&E monthly data submissions between partners and CARE, ensuring the use of standard templates and strong review and feedback to partners.
- Represent CARE in external coordination when requested.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Any other task as required by the line manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post,
following to provided link when you use the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted