CARE International in Turkey (CARE), is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
I - Position Summary
The position will be based in Gaziantep city centre. Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator in Gaziantep and working in collaboration with other members of the MEAL team, the Field Supporter will be responsible for supporting Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning activities in the South-East Turkey.
II - General Functions
- To support the MEAL Officer and Gaziantep project team in conducting MEAL activities, including data entry and data analysis, and to monitor the extent to which projects are meeting their objectives
- Contribute to high quality monitoring and evaluation of CARE’s refugee response
III - Responsibilities
A Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Field Supporter will:
- Participate in the timely collection and analysis of all program performance data and success stories.
- Contribute to the documentation of program events such as community events, outreach activities meetings, workshops, etc.
- Undertake visits to the field in Gaziantep and Kilis as needed to support data collection or verify data quality.
- Participate in data collection including but not limited to post activity monitoring, Key Informant interviews and distribution verification with project participants.
- Collate, consolidate and prepare reports of program data, conduct basic data analysis and interpretation, as required
- Organize, collect, compile and document MEAL-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored
- Participate in regular entry of electronic data relating to activities
- Participate in and document Focus Group Discussions and Key Informant Interviews and activity monitoring
- Enter data from FGDs, Post activity monitoring, and key informant interviews, participate in data cleaning and analysis, when necessary
IV - Qualification and skills
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- Prior experience working with databases, processing, cleaning and extraction of data
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to work in the Field
- Ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
V – Work conditions
Duty station: Gaziantep and Kilis provinces, with possible visits to other CARE Turkey working areas in south east Turkey.
Field work: up to 60% (3 days/week)
Contract length: six months with the possibility of extension, dependent on performance and fund.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please attached a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to link provided when you apply
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
- CARE is Looking for Deputy M&E Manager
- CARE is looking for Liaison Assistant
- CARE is Looking for Cash-Based Response Project Officer
- CARE is Looking for Market Monitoring Coordinator
- CARE is Looking for Procurement Officer
- CARE is Looking for Sub-Awards Officer
- CARE is Looking for Protection Outreach Office Worker