CARE International in Türkiye (CARE) has been in Türkiye since October 2014 responding to the needs of Syrian refugees under several programmatic areas including women’s economic empowerment, livelihoods and food security, legal aid assistance, WASH and Shelter.
CARE places a programmatic focus on women and girls who are often disproportionally affected by poverty. CARE Türkiye puts women and girls at the center of our work as women are viewed as catalysts of change within their communities – CARE believes changing a woman’s life will often change her community. In parallel, CARE engages with men and boys who can also act as change agents, and together are able to address societal/gender norms which often underly protection issues.
CARE Türkiye, together with partners, is now providing humanitarian assistance as part of an Earthquake Response strategy to individuals who have been affected by the series of earthquakes that hit Türkiye in February 2023.
The main purpose of this role is to provide strong coordination of the CARE Türkiye program MEL system, enhancing the quality and accountability of our work. The MEL Assistant will be directly managed by the MEL Officer in Sanliurfa to ensure required data to track progress against commitments is flowing from field sites to CARE, is being correctly stored and reviewed to increase data quality and inform project adjustment where necessary.
The MEL Assistant is responsible for ensuring data is available in timely manner to inform programmatic decisions through an evidence-based approach. MEL Assistant will support all MEL system including the data collection, data entry, database review, management and analysis, coordination with Turkiye response team, assisting with tool review for the different MEL activities including but not limited to assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
Job Responsibility #1 Data collection and reporting % 50 of time
- Participate in data collection using quantitative and qualitative data collection methods including focus group discussions, key informant interviews and surveys via face to face or phone calls.
- Contribute to the documentation of program events such as community events, outreach activities, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Conduct the onsite monitoring activities using the observation checklists.
- Collate, consolidate and prepare reports of program data, conduct basic data analysis and interpretation, as required.
- Organize, collect, compile and document MEL-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored.
- By facilitating information sharing with key stakeholders, including beneficiaries, ensure that CARE promotes transparency throughout all stages of implementation.
Job Responsibility #2 MEL systems running and maintenance % 30 of time
- Support the implementation of the MEL System in Sanliurfa response and other CARE sub-offices in different provinces inside Turkiye, as required.
- Assist with development of different monitoring, evaluation and learning tools.
- Assist the production of MEL reports making key information accessible to stakeholders for program review and design.
- Assist MEL Officer on work streams to develop/refine quality and accountability elements.
- As instructed, work closely with Turkiye Program`s MEL Officer(s) and MEL Assistants to ensure high quality data, analysis and reporting.
- Support evaluations & learning reviews where required.
Job Responsibility #3 Coordination with program quality sub-units % 15 of time
- Refer all feedback and complaints received during MEL activities to Accountability team for their action and follow up.
- Support the communication advisor with the relevant data collection.
- Feedback to Data Management team all data related issues and concerns while using CARE in house developed applications
Job Responsibility #4 Other Responsibilities as assigned % 5 of time
- Translation from Arabic to Turkish and vice versa.
- Any other task as required by line manager.
- High school diploma.
- BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience in MEL or related field for humanitarian, UN, CBO, civil society or non profit.
- 2 years experience in field data collection methodologies – both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience in community dialogue and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills and experience in database management and analysis.
- Strong skills in Excel and other data management software.
- Strong skills in data visualization software.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of CARE International.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and Turkish, and good level in English. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Experience in referral mechanisms.
- Experience in mapping of project activities using online mapping tools such as google map, ARC GIS
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
- CARE is Looking for Food Security and Emergency Response Program Manager
- CARE is looking for Communications Specialist
- CARE is Looking for Liaison Coordinator (Gaziantep)
- CARE is Looking for Liaison Coordinator (Adana - Hatay)
- CARE is Looking for WASH&Shelter Project Coordinator
- CARE is Looking for Wash & Shelter Project Engineer ( Sanliurfa)
- CARE is Looking for Director of Risk Management
- CARE is Looking for Data Analyst Officer - FS and ER Program (Re-advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Finance Officer
- CARE is Looking for Accounting and Grants Coordinator
- CARE is Looking for Sub Award Officer(Re-Advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Helpline Operator
- CARE is Looking for Wash and Shelter Project Assistant
- CARE is Looking for Wash and Shelter Project Assistant
- CARE is looking for Protection & SRH Program Manager (Re-advertisement)