CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey. CARE began projects responding to the needs of Syrian refugees in southern Turkey in October 2014.
The MEL officer position will be focusing on assistance to refugees in southern. The overall objective of the program is to meet urgent needs, improve living conditions and reduce the vulnerability of refugees’ population and host population in southern Turkey.
The main purpose of this role is to support the CARE Turkey MEL system in enhancing the quality and accountability of CARE’s work.
The MEL officer will support the running of the MEL system including the following activities; data collection, data review, and analysis; coordination with partners (if applicable), assisting with tools review and revision, supporting training, assessments and evaluations, and project learning activities. The MEL officer will collect and analyse data using quantitative and qualitative assessment tools, and will support planned activities for integrating a high level of partner and beneficiary accountability across the program. The MEL officer will support MEL Coordinator, and MEL team to plan regular monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities across project and to communicate feedback and findings.
This position will be based in Adana with possible travel and provide support to another CARE Turkey’s workplaces in Turkey.
Field work: 50%
Office work: 50%
Job Responsibility #1 MEL system support | % 30 |
- Support MEL Coordinator to ensure the running and maintenance of the Turkey Program MEL system including supporting all MEL requirements and reporting.
- Ensure effective scheduling of programme assessments as well as the analysis and dissemination of findings.
- work with MEL team to ensure that staff & any partners fully understand the function of MEL in quality assurance and strengthen a culture of open reflection and improvement.
- Support KM (Knowledge Management) team with MEL data.
- Ensure Turkey program projects indicators including donor & CARE’s indicators is being tracked, reviewed and stored in online platform following CARE’s archiving structure.
- Ensure proper scheduling of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities per project
- Ensure MEL procedures and protocols are implemented by program teams as agreed.
- Provide capacity building through mentoring, coaching and training to CARE staff on MEL tools, procedures and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with CARE’s standard operating procedures to ensure appropriate verification of project’s activities and fair selection of beneficiaries.
- Conduct regular catch-up meeting with the Turkey Program MEL team to share updates and catch up on work progress, priorities and timeframes.
Job Responsibility #2 Project Related MEL | % 50 |
- Support MEL coordinator to ensure CARE’s refugee programs are in compliance with CARE & donor’s MEL requirements.
- Support the MEL coordinator on the writing of reports for MEL activities and contribute to donor’s reporting.
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits as per MEL work plans per project ensuring that quality data and analysis is submitted to the MEL Coordinator.
- Conduct interviews with direct and indirect beneficiaries to get feedback on quality of CARE’s programs and suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure all monitoring visits is ending with a report highlighting the results and main findings of the trip based on data collected from the field.
- Contribute to program updates for response management and internal information sharing, including 3Ws, communications information.
- Coordinate the application of CARE verification standard operating procedures for all relevant projects.
- In collaboration with the MEL Coordinator, lead field-level assessments, including but not limited to baseline, mid-term, end-line, KAP, post-distribution monitoring, and learning activities.
- Work with program staff to ensure quality programming and adherence to minimum standards well as the mainstreaming of cross-cutting themes (Gender, Protection and Disability).
- In collaboration with project managers, MEL staff and Program Quality team, develop all required MEL tools per sector, including but not limited to baseline surveys, MEL frameworks, assessment tools, data collection tools etc.).
- Work with KM team on ensuring learning reviews are conducted for all projects, appropriate to length, scale and complexity.
Job Responsibility #3 Program Quality Support | % 20 |
- Support the research and KM team on implementing project’s related assessments and researches.
- Refer all feedback and complaints received during MEL activities to Accountability team for their action and follow up.
- Support the communication advisor with the required MEL related data and media.
- Feedback to Data Management team all data related issues and concerns, and work with them on improving the data quality and reliability.
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or related field.
- 2 years minimum experience in MEL in a humanitarian NGO.
- Experience in field data collection and management of field enumerators.
- Experience in community dialogue and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills and experience in database management and analysis.
- Strong skills in Excel and other data management software.
- Knowledge of and experience using open source platforms such as Open Data Kit (ODK), Ona.io, KoBo Colllect, Zoho Reports.
- Strong skills in data visualization software.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of CARE International.
- Previous experience working in SE Turkey.
- Arabic (written and spoken) highly advantageous.
Fluency in written and oral English and Turkish. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
- CARE is Looking for Food Security and Emergency Response Program Manager
- CARE is looking for Communications Specialist
- CARE is Looking for Liaison Coordinator (Gaziantep)
- CARE is Looking for Liaison Coordinator (Adana - Hatay)
- CARE is Looking for WASH&Shelter Project Coordinator
- CARE is Looking for Wash & Shelter Project Engineer ( Sanliurfa)
- CARE is Looking for Director of Risk Management
- CARE is Looking for Data Analyst Officer - FS and ER Program (Re-advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Finance Officer
- CARE is Looking for Accounting and Grants Coordinator
- CARE is Looking for Sub Award Officer(Re-Advertisement)
- CARE is Looking for Helpline Operator
- CARE is Looking for Wash and Shelter Project Assistant
- CARE is Looking for Wash and Shelter Project Assistant
- CARE is looking for Protection & SRH Program Manager (Re-advertisement)