CARE in Turkey, in association with partner organizations, is providing humanitarian aid to alleviate the crisis in Syria. Due to access and security issues, CARE is working with partners to deliver aid in Northern Syria. CARE is implementing multiple grants through partnerships, and is committed to expanding the partnership base for future programming, as well as initiating direct implementation.
The MEL Officer’s main focus is on supporting the MEL, information, knowledge management and reporting requirements of selected projects in the Syria North Hub portfolio. He/she is responsible for ensuring the compliance of partners with CARE MEL systems and MEL standards for Syria. This includes ensuring outputs, outcomes and learning of assigned projects are captured, documented and shared with the program management team, CARE Syria and external agencies as relevant.
Reporting directly to the MEL Coordinator, s/he will ensure that project-specific monitoring & evaluation plans and systems, as well as accountability mechanisms are implemented according to plan and that relevant information is collected, stored and analyze in a timely fashion. S/he will also liaise with implementing partners to ensure reporting and information requirements are met and support in providing relevant and timely information on project activities, achievements and challenges. In addition, the post-holder will be responsible for keeping project MEL data up to date, in close collaboration with Program management teams.
The post holder will directly support the CARE Syria office with specific documentation, assessment and information requests, as and when they arise.
The position will be based in Gaziantep, Turkey and it should follow established safety and security procedures at all times in line with the current security rating for Syria – Extreme.
Job Responsibility #1 %40 of Time
Project related MEL requirements:
- Collect, review and validate MEL related documentation from partners, inclusive of databases, reports and compiled indicator tracking.
- Development/use of MEL tools and templates for partners, IV and other MEL actors (third party monitoring, consultants). Includes designing the questions, coding, translation and training the partner and IV field team of them.
- Prepare the first draft of projects` result workbooks and maintain project RWBs inclusive of review by CARE/Partner.
- Support in designing and conducting project assessments and surveys as needed,
- Support CARE and partners to meet CARE Minimum MEL Standards, inclusive of Gender mainstreaming and do no harm considerations in coordination with gender advisor
- Contribute to learning events organized by CARE, Partners or other actors
- Coordinate internally and externally with stakeholders (Program team, MEL Officers, Partners, etc…) to ensure all MEL requirements are met with high quality
- Conduct regular catch up to partner’s offices for coaching and mentoring and to check progress against plan.
- Ensure relevant CARE global indicators are reflected in project’s RWBs, progress is tracked and reported.
Job Responsibility #2 %40 of Time
MEL, Analysis and Reporting:
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met and information available upon request
- Lead on arrange regular meeting with program to ensure monitoring findings and trends over the course of the project are captured, highlighted, tracked and addressed
- Support program teams to conduct periodic analysis of MEL data at project/sector which can demonstrate the impact of the project and inform future activities.
- Review and verify data coming from partners on the monthly basis, making sure that it meets CARE/Donors requirements.
- Prepare MEL related information for internal and external reporting.
- Support knowledge management team and communication advisor with the necessary MEL data as needed.
- Ensure project data is stored and utilized in shared drive in line with the CARE archiving structure and data Protection protocol.
- Work with partners to ensure compliance with CARE reporting system, providing sufficient support for challenges.
- Update CARE beneficiary tracking sheet with beneficiary data on a monthly basis.
Job Responsibility #3 %20 of time
Program Quality Support:
- Support the MEL Coordinator in managing the third party monitoring (3PM) process in terms of (sampling, follow up, review tools & reports, Etc…
- Support IV team in understanding project activities through providing project specific information to support the monitoring of activities.
- Review monitoring reports provided by the IV and/or TPM and provide feedback and inputs, in addition to compare it to the findings received from partners.
- Coordination with Knowledge Management and Learning department to ensure the project level of learning.
- To ensure the communication with CARE Accountability Team.
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or related field.
- Two years of work experience in MEL or other relevant areas of which at least one in a not-for-profit humanitarian organization.
- Experience in information, knowledge management and MEL functions.
- Knowledge of the Syrian context.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with other organizations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility skills
- Good knowledge and experience using open source platforms such as Open Data Kit (ODK) and KoBo Collect.
- Excellent command of Excel and other data management software.
- Strong skills and experience in database management and analysis.
- Working with communication materials and knowledge products
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong command of English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Understanding of and experience in protection sector is an asset.
- Strong skills in data visualization software such as Power BI is a plus.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
***Female Candidates are encouraged to apply!***