The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that mission and projects wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Procurement and Logistic, the Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services within the guidelines of the Deputy Director of Procurement and Logistic He/ She provides support to Deputy Director of Procurement and Logistic in processing all CARE Turkey purchasing in compliance with CARE and donor procurement policies. This position will also be responsible for the planning, development, implementation and management of the key procurement strategies that includes the creation and evaluation of formal request for proposals, negotiating contracts, contract management and seeking out new opportunities to support CARE’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 : CO Procurement management
- Supervise the procurement personnel in order to ensure everything that is needed for this CO’s day-to-day functions is available when needed
- Ensure that mission and projects wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner
- When a non-standard or unusual request is received, to assess the requester's requirements, suggest best value solutions and options and to seek guidance from other members of the Procurement Team, to ensure that the appropriate good or service is ordered
- Review the Online Receiving of Online/Offline Purchase Requisition and review all information including charging instructions
- Must ensure the CO & Donors procurement regulation before initiating any procurement and review RFQ very carefully before sending to approved vendors
- Must ensure the transparency of Procurement specially the management of bidding and receiving of Quotations process
- Prepare Summary of Bid Analysis (SBA) and Prepare Online/Offline Purchase Order ensuring that the products or services are of high quality, regardless of the price
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly procurement status report for purchases and share Offline Report with SMT and all Project Managers on a monthly basis
- Ensure that Good Receiving Notes “GRNs” and providing all supporting document to Logistics Officer for registering in the Assets Master Register
- Prepare Consultancy Agreement/Contract coordinating with requester and the Consultant as needed
- Ensure PR, PO and SBA are signed/approved by the authorized person
- Maintain the Authority Signatory Limit (ASL)
Job Responsibility #2: PeopleSoft procurement module and Bridger Insight management
- Review the PeopleSoft Work list to ensure online PR are properly recorded to initiate procurement
- With the approval of the CO Procurement Committee make sure vendor Set-up are done through PeopleSoft
- Ensure Bridger Check for all Vendors, Employee and Consultants
- Preparation of Online SBA, PO and GRN as and when required
- Ensure vendor deactivation once in a year and submit Approved Vendor List to DRD
Job Responsibility #3: Vendor management:
- Contacts suppliers in order to negotiate contracts for certain services, goods and merchandise
- Ensures the timely delivery of goods so that project activities/operations can continue uninterrupted
- Communicates with suppliers in order to speed delivery as needed, performs quality checks in order to see that vendors are not delivering substandard goods
- Collecting of Procurement Plan from Project Managers and identify potential vendors / suppliers, gathers and analyzes information on them; recommends prospective vendors to procurement committee to enlist in our vendor system
- Conduct market search, prepare CO Price List for Food and Non-Food Commodities and provide the needed information to all project managers as needed
- Maintain records of approved suppliers and periodically evaluates vendor performance
Job Responsibility #4: Archiving Procurement documents , HR management and Audit Response:
- Ensure all procurement documents are filed/kept in an orderly fashion and are easy to access for future audit review
- Make sure to keep a copy of all procurement documents before submitting to Finance Department for any payment
- Update and maintain Donor’s regulation in a proper manner
- Work closely with all staff and maintain professional relationship with colleagues and vendors
- Prepare audit responds to clarify their queries providing all necessary documents
- Arrange meetings with staff and vendors to discuss the department's performance and resolve any issues in the procurement process
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Administration/Logistics
Desired: Masters Degree in related field plus finance background
Required: The position requires a minimum professional experience of 5 years in the management of administrative procedures, of which at least 2 at managerial level.
Desired: Financial knowledge
The discharge of the position requires technical and professional skills acquired through mid/long term experience, with the following degree of complexity/depth:
- Good knowledge in accountacy and fiscal policy;
- Good knowledge of procurment management, desirable knowledge in the norms of relevant donors and/or funding agencies;
- Good knowledge of management and execution of procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge of the status of development and the social context of the Country in general; and
- Good knowledge of English.
- Intermediate level computer skills
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **