I - Position Summary
Managed by the Project Coordinator and working in collaboration with other members of the technical and field staff, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementing, developing all CARE technical architectural, mechanical, and electrical plans and documentation activities with a focus on Basic Needs sector (Shelter, NFI, WASH and Basic Needs Cash programming) activities in south-east Turkey.
II - General Functions
- Identification, registration and verification of beneficiaries
- Planning, implementing and reporting on Basic Needs activities
- Contribute to the high-quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
- Data management and reporting
III - Responsibilities
1. Identification, registration and verification of beneficiaries (30%)
- Participate in identification
- Ensure that beneficiaries are selected based on agreed criteria and are registered according to procedure
- With the Field team and MEAL team, ensure that adequate and accurate records of information on beneficiaries are made and undertake regular data entry work as required
- Management of Field Assistants and Field Supporters, if required
- Support the planning implementation of technical infrastructure activities in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and with the support of the Project Officer and Project Assistant.
- Ensure that technical activities are completed on time and in accordance with agreed SOP
2. Planning, implementing and reporting on Basic Needs activities (30%)
- Assist the Project Coordinator to schedule and plan activities
- Work with the Project Officer, Engineer and the Procurement team to prepare Bills of Quantity (BoQ)
- Support the Project Coordinator in the mapping of relevant organizations and institutions, highlighting which organizations are doing what and for whom in the Basic Needs sector.
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to contractors
- Support the Project Coordinator to promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for activities are followed
- Ensure accountability procedures are followed
- Ensure that accurate records of relevant activities are kept
- Participate in the regular entry of electronic data relating to activities
- Provide timely, transparent reports on activities to the Coordinator, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team
- Support the Field Team in communication with the refugee and/or host community and partner organizations
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required
3. Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response (20%)
- Assist the MEAL staff with planning of monitoring of the refugee response
- Assist in the review and validation of findings and provide feedback for improving the quality of activities
- Liaise with the logistics and procurement teams to ensure the smooth running of activities
4. Data Management and Reporting: 20%
- Ensure that feedback received from community members and relevant stakeholders is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the targeted communities or individuals.
- Review and validate the findings of monitoring and accountability activities with the MEAL Coordinator and Project Coordinator and provide feedback for improving the quality of assessment and activities.
- Assist the Project Coordinator and Engineer to complete the data entry on relevant
IV - Requirements
- Fluent spoken and written on Arabic & Turkish
- Very good spoken and written English
- Educational background of; Civil Engineering, Architecture and/or International Relations, Business Administration
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey as staff, preferably with refugee populations
- Strong report writing and documentation skills
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
- Civil Engineering background and work experience
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in field assessments, dealing with authorities
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to email
provided when you click the apply button.
Reference Code: Project Assistant (Shelter and WASH)
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **