The Protection and SRH Program Manager will be responsible for Managing CARE’s remotely-managed protection and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) program in Northwestern Syria – programs focused on both the establishment of protection and SRH activities. Under the guidance of the Assistant Country Director-Humanitarian/ACD-H and with support from technical experts, the Program Manager will represent CARE with relevant program stakeholders in the region; ensure that CARE’s core values are promoted; and that the protection and SRH program is principled and compliant. The Protection and SRH Program Manager will lead the implementation of the protection and SRH program strategy to ensure CARE’s intervention is timely, effective and relevant to the range of needs. S/he will manage the protection and SRH team, providing training, mentoring and capacity building for CARE staff and potentially for partner agencies as well. The Program Manager will work closely with CARE’s other Program Managers to ensure strategic integration where possible. CARE places high value on ensuring the specific needs of women, men, boys and girls are met, through a gender sensitive approach that seeks transformative outcomes. The Program Manager will cooperate with key programme support functions, including Finance, HR, Administration, Logistics and Procurement and will be responsible for donor coordination, program development, and reporting.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 Program Design and Implementation 35%
Advise, design and implement appropriate protection and SRH programming, with special focus on interventions that can build upon existing programming.
- Provide programmatic leadership on protection and SRH activities, ensuring strategic direction of project operations.
- Provide technical leadership on protection program activities and coordinate with Global SRHR team for technical leadership with support from SRH Manager.
- Design and implement appropriate protection and SRH programs by ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish detailed implementation plans, including phased budgets, M&E and indicator tracking plans.
- Work closely with CARE’s Program Quality team to ensure the integration of MEAL systems to support beneficiary accountability, donor reporting, performance metrics and organizational learning.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
- Develop project proposals and long-term resource mobilization strategies.
- Manage program budget lines and ensure proper and effective use of program resources.
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal CARE requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
Job Responsibility #2 Information and Coordination 30%
Develop and support an excellent working relationship between implementing and non-implementing partners based on effective and timely communication.
- Liaise with local partners, NGOs, and other relevant entities for coordination and implementation, including with relevant clusters.
- Represent CARE in protection/GBV and relevant health/SRH cluster meetings.
- Provide briefings to the Assistant Country Director-Humanitarian/ACD-H and other staff as appropriate on the progress of project implementation
Job Responsibility #3 Assessments and Learning 15%
Take the lead on the development of a comprehensive protection and SRH strategy for the CARE team, including actions for mainstreaming and accountability
- In close collaboration with Program Quality team support the design of sectoral need assessments and protection and SRH needs assessment to determine priorities and immediate activities.
- Based on the assessments, provide situation analysis and participate actively in developing appropriate protection and SRH strategy for emergency and chronic crisis context
- Ensure that the program teams are kept informed of developments in North Syria in the area of sectorial development, in particular by liaising with partners and other International and other institutions in the country where possible
- Liaising with other COs as well as CARE regional and global level to ensure that the protection and SRH related knowledge management systems are aligned with our strategies.
- In collaboration with the program quality team, in particular the gender and protection advisor, ensure that robust systems are applied to gather evidence and data from projects in the field to determine the robustness of strategies and the effectiveness of tools
- Taking the lead in identifying successful best practices and sharing them with relevant stakeholders
Job Responsibility #4 Staff Management and Capacity Building 15%
- Orient and/or train key staff on the different protection strategies
- Coordinate with the Program Quality team to organize learning events around protection strategies/focus areas and ensure program integration and mainstreaming
- Collaborate with the PQ team to ensure that an effective system is in place for sharing best practice and communicating policies, and recommended strategies, tools and techniques with staff and partners in the projects
- Manage the protection and SRH program team, including staff and consultants
- Develop capacity building plans for direct supervisees, and ensure overall protection and SRHR team have capacity building plans
Job Responsibility #5 Emergency Response/Staff Security 5%
Take a lead role in facilitating timely, quality administrative support function delivery in the time of emergency response.
- Guide and support management on partner and CARE’s field team security concerns
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a safety and security culture; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE Turkey safety and security policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Developmental Studies)
- Certification/training in gender and protection mainstreaming
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or other related fields or combination of relevant education and experience relevant to the job.
- Certification/training in PSEA, psycho-social support
- 5+ years of experience in program management in a development/humanitarian setting
- Strong experience in capacity building and training
- Understanding of the key strategies and principles of gender, protection programming and the varying psychosocial needs of women, men, boys and girls living in areas of conflict.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
***Female Candidates are encouraged to apply!***