CARE works with local and international partners under the Protection and SRH program in Northwest Syria and newly started its direct implementation in 2021. The Protection Officer will support the direct implementation leg of the portfolio including CARE’s protection field staff; however, some time will be asked to support partners’ implementation for the quality response.
Reporting directly to the Project Coordinator, the Protection Officer is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of protection activities conducted by CARE protection field staff and partner NGOs via skype, phone, and email and through daily coordination. For direct implementation, in addition to mentioned ways of communications, crossing the border and on-site visits will be asked for various actions such as capacity building and monitoring activities. The protection officer will support the coordinator to plan, implement and follow up on gender-related activities and provide support whole protection department including the design and implementation of trainings on gender-related topics. Ensuring gender integration in the day-to-day activities
The Protection Officer will mainly focus on the implementation of protection activities including but not limited to outreach, PSS and case management, protection and gender mainstreaming. This includes, developing IEC materials, organizing trainings for staff, reviewing and developing data collection tools for protection specific activities in collaboration with the MEAL unit. The Protection Officer will also work with different partners on capacity building to mainstream gender and protection into the project implementation cycle. S/he will ensure that agreed procedures are followed and accountability mechanisms are implemented by both direct implementation and partner organizations to ensure high-quality programming and continually improve the support to cross-border programs provided by CARE.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 40%
Implementation and Coordination
- Support CARE Protection Field Team and partner NGOs to ensure timely implementation of project activities; follow up project achievements
- Conduct weekly meetings with field teams to monitor closely implementation and overall protection risks
- Support with the process of project review, design of implementation plans to identify the beneficiaries and their needs.
- Provide the day to day support to the CARE field team and partners during the whole process
- Provide support for organizing visits, meeting, events, trainings, and workshops.
- Ensure overall implementation is inclusive, gender-sensitive, and uses participatory approaches through community based participation mechanisms
- Ensures that partner NGOs are regularly attending the important coordination forums and provide updates on their activities in Syria. (meetings,4Ws matrix, and advocacy)
- Ensure coordination across multi-sector response is achieved with support from the project coordinator
- In case emergency response support program teams for multi-sector response and support implementing partner to shift regular activities to protection emergency response
Job Responsibility #2 30%
Capacity Development of Implementing Partners and CARE’s Protection Field Team
- Contribute to technical capacity building plan led by the Protection Coordinator.
- With the close support of the Protection Coordinator, prepare and conduct trainings for CARE field staff and partner NGOs and prepare a weekly schedule for regular coaching/mentoring on case discussions, thematic topics, and implementation of minimum standards and various SOPs (internal case management SOPs and external gender based violence and child protection SOPs).
- Ensure that the external and internal referral mechanism system (SOPs) is known, applied, and monitored;
- Support CARE field team and partner NGOs in maintaining a safe and confidential record-keeping system and making sure referral of cases are confidential, safe, and on time.
- Support/help to prepare monthly reports.
Job Responsibility #3 30%
Planning, Reporting, Monitoring, and Data Management
- Ensure both the CARE field team and implementing partners are reporting on time with accurate data and information
- Support partners on their monthly planning; follow up monthly plans and provide feedback.
- Collect procurement needs from partners and Protection Coordinator and raise PRs, and support the overall supply chain for project needs
- Review and improve the quality of Partner Organization’s existing data collection tools/databases/reporting templates on protection specific activities.
- Providing support in reviewing monitoring and evaluation reports
- Validate beneficiary lists with supporting documents and prepare monthly independent verification process
- Ensure monitoring consultants are updated on activities to timely monitor
- Support to and engage in establishment/implementation of accountability mechanisms to ensure feedback and complaints are duly captured into program adaptations and improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Development Studies or relevant technical field
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a not-for-profit humanitarian organization.
- Experience in Protection and Gender programming in the Syrian context.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with other organizations.
- Direct implementation experience in local NGOs in NW Syria context
- Basic Gender and Protection concepts
- Working with communication materials and knowledge products
- Excellent command of Excel and other data management software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **